Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a small comparo of fluid prices from several different online sources.

Specifically, I was shopping for 2 gallons of VTM-4 fluid and a case of DW-1.

Prices, including shipping to my zip code (27265) are as follows:

Bernardi: 162.51
College Hills: 158.98
Majestic: 132.04
Park: 135.30
Curry: 150.06 plus shipping
H&A: 159.53
Local dealer: 144.43 with tax ($84 for the case of DW-1, 25.65 per gallon of VTM-4)

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
Speed, I've noticed that Amazon has started carrying the fluids and it sometimes is similar pricing with or without Prime.

Amazon DW-1 Case PN:08200-9008 $86.73 with free shipping without prime
Amazon VTM-4 Bottle PN:08200-9003 $32.06 with free shipping without prime

The DW-1 price seems OK, the VTM, not at all...

· Super Moderator
24,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to put Amazon on that list. I checked them too. ;)

That puts Amazon in the $150 price range for those items.

Majestic reigns at this time.

If my local dealer will some down a few bucks, I'll buy it locally.

· Registered
431 Posts
Amazon gets normally these orders since they deliver almost always next day or in 2 days. They also run oil sales where I have paid just 1.50 per quart for synthetic 0W 20, 30 and 40 oils

Last such special was 15 quarts of 5W 30 for just 19.00 delivered
Agreed. I simple can not do 5-7 day shipping anymore its just kills me inside to have to wait 7 days for anything. Even if it cost me a few more bucks I will pay it to have it on my door in 2 or less days.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
Speed, if you have your notes, could you break out the DW-1 and VTM-4 for each of your prices above? I think the DW-1 on Amazon would be an acceptable price to most of us, but that VTM-4 price is insane.

Henni, you ever see 0W-20 on Amazon for that price please let us all know:act024:

· Registered
1,762 Posts
BITOG has a dedicated forum thread for prices of whatever and people post headsup when they see a local or national ad or member discount in the case of Costco, Sam's Club, BJ's and similar

The thing is that you have to see the post and react to it as on Amazon, they often sell out fast or suddenly price is double or triple in matter of minutes, not hours. Have missed out on several deals where I would have paid it as I could easily pass the savings on to friends and family and have done so but often have been too late.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I still hit up WalMart for oil. Convenient and cheap. Maybe Costco for a 2nd source. but in fact WalMart carries more variations.

The other fluid prices are all over the place. Curry was a leader when they had their free shipping campaign. Now it pays to do comparisons more closely on or off line, an even locally.

· Super Moderator
24,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only saved the one from Majestic:

My local dealer gave me a deal and came in at ~$131 out the door. I don't know what their breakdown is.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
I just take mine to the stealer and get ripped off every three years (transfer case). Except for oil changes and rear diff. I do myself along with a few other things. I should try the transfer case on the RL.
I wont do the wifes (CRV) rear diff again unless I buy some kind of pump I had issues doin it alone, the RL is a breeze.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.