Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost always hear a very mild/but obvious flutter noise for approx a second or so around 58 mph. The problem with such a quiet vehicles is that something like this really stands out. It sounds like a cell phone that is sitting on a table and is vibrating. It certainly sounds like it is being generated in the front end. I've installed mud flaps and body side molding but aside from that, everything is stock on my new rtl. Anyone have any thoughts. I have read about the high-pitch higher speed problems but nothing like I am describing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mis-fire on my part gang. As it turns out, a few minute inspection indicates that the piece of black plastic that goes from one side of the vehicle to the other is missing a plastic connector. I guess it might be called "coweling" but it is about 4-6 inches wide and sits right under the edge of the hood when the hood is closed. I can "flap" it with my hand when I touch it. Someone forgot that little piece upon installation.

This is the only problem I have found with my vehicle after 1000 miles.I love the truck. Has to be the quietest vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This might be the exact noise I have been noticing. Can you you be more specific about the cause. I'm not sure I understand what you found was the cause. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm experiencing a similar fluttering noise coming from below the steering wheel and slightly to the left. It only occurs at speeds of 70+ mph or when there is a strong headwind. Dealer says they hear it but can't find anything so the next step would be to take the dashboard apart. I hate to do that on a new vehicle. Sounds like a piece of paper or plastic rattling but I can't find anything in the dash or engine compartment or even wheel well. Varies in pitch and volume so doesn't appear to be mechanical or electronic. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
How many miles on them new RLs, their very picky on tires, at least on my old G1. Just had kind of the same thing and had my tires rotated the other day and rebalanced and all is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks northerlights, but the fluttering noise occurred the first day and remains after 7000 miles. It's not tire or engine... really sounds like a piece of paper fluttering in the wind under the steering column, but only at speeds of 70+ or 50+ with a strong headwind. Can't figure out where it could be exposed to wind and yet be heard inside the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Somebody had a piece of paper (wiring harnrss tag) rattling around inside their door. Their fix was to take the door panel off and tape up the paper, I think.

Maybe you have enough air flowing through the door at speed to make a harness label rattle?

Or maybe some dead dried leaves in the cabin air intake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts