Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been asked to particpate in a Focus Group by Honda next Wednesday her in Dallas. Does anyone have anything they would like me to say on the Ridglineownersclub behalf. The intention of this as it was explained to me is to help Honda improve the ridge.

Thanks

Baja

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will ask Ridge Runner. I am going to print off all threads that pertain to any comments or questions members have to take with me. If you have a thread in mind please cut and paste it to your question ..

Thanks

Baja

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't know if this is just for you to express your views/opinions or if you'll get a chance for some Q&A with Honda reps, but if it's the latter, could you maybe get some info on some of the major issues we've faced with the vehicle so far? In no particular order, maybe some "official" Honda feedback on wind noise, water leak, creaky steering wheel? Nothing in-depth, just maybe a confirmation Honda is working on it/will have something for us in the near future kind of deal? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
1) Door lock issues--i.e.-unlocking more than just teh drivers door when going into park. My wife really dislikes teh current setup!
2) Automatic headlights
3) Side Step paint problems and noise problems when going through puddles
4) Better antenea--mine is really bad only about 1/2 to 2/3 reception ability compared to any other vehicle I have owned. (and I do not want XM) Please correct!
5) Make trunk lid a little narrower--so trunk will open conmpletely with different covers installed. Only need about 1/2" less on each side.
6) Price OEM plastic accessories more reasonable. i.e. door bumpers, wheel flares..... ($400 plus-you have to be kidding) Way too expensive for a few plastic parts. A lower Honda price will keep aftermarker competition out. Now I hope for aftermarket because Honda is trying to rake us over the coals on some of the accessories. I don't mind them making a profit but a few of the prices are completely overboard.
7) Lock on rear tailgate that operates with the power locks.
8) Cruise Control ON/OFF on the sterring column with rest of controls.

My opinion--hope this helps!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have an rtl, no sun roof no nav stuff. I bought it mid July paid full price, but
received full trade in value as per Kelly blue book on a 2005 4 Runner. My credit union miscalculated my pay off by $50 and Honda of Morganton, NC misplaced $10 for a total of $60. I got a call from my sales person at Morganton Honda that I owed $60 more. Being and honest senior citizen I sent them a check for $60. BUT, WHAT FROSTS ME IS THAT HONDA HAD INSTITUTED A DEALER $1000 REBATE AN THE DEALERSHIP WOULD NOT SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE, BUT WERE SO PICKEY THAT THEY WANTED THEIR ADDED $60. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Look under Hey Honda, there's tons of stuff there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also, I forgot. My "Toyota 4 Runner" allowed me to leave my parking lights
on and turned them off 30 secs after leaving the car, Or, if I was driving at
night, my head lights stayed on and gave me light to unlock my downstairs door before extinguishing the lights automatically. The Ridgeliner dings you insessently if you open the door without turning the lights off; therefore, consequently, you forget to turn your parking lights on in the AM to make yourself more visible. The 4 Runner automatically turned off the lights and automatically turned on the lights when you started, as long as the switch was left in the proper setting. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
1) ipod hookup.
2) power adapter in the truck bed.
3) door protectors like every other vehicle has.
4) four tie downs in the pack of the bed not just two.
5) heading controls in the back seat.
6) memory drivers seat.
7) cooling in the seat as well as heat.
8) better passenger seat.
9) xm radio credit if you dont want it.
10) limit how much dealers charge for "fees" / or make them known the daybefore.
11) support for other nav solutions
12) Phone Mikes / speakers for hands free. (blue tooth?)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oldguy, let me get this straight, you want Baja to go to the focus group and complain about your $60?

I think ROC would be better served by a more focused communication to Honda. Perhaps we could "vote" on a list of concerns, an ongoing poll, and when members are called into these focus groups they could use it as a guideline. Honda would then be hearing a consistent message.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Trip Computer
Option for daytime running lights. They have it on Canadian RL's should be able to have them on ours.
Consider a V8
Rainsense wipers. These are friggin' awesome.
Power passenger seat. No reason why when paying over 35K for a truck, they can't make the passenger seat the same as the driver's seat.
Have the trailer hitch factory standard equipment. Stupid to have to have it as a dealer installed option, IMO.
Bluetooth enabled
The controls on the navi radio are difficult to reach. Should be easier to use.

Overall a great truck :)

L

·
0 Posts
I think that among all the other things, I would really like Honda to send all of us a copy of the latest version of ivaN. To give us a state of the art vehicle at the start of 2005 with a 2006 sticker on it and a 4 year old gps program is just wrong. I have proof it's at least 4 years old because I went to a location where there was suppose to be a Giant Eagle and it had been gone for almost 4 years. Please ask them when I can expect my copy and when they will be sending me my invitation to the Focus Group in Cleveland. They really need to hear from me!! ( I'll be nice, I always am )
:D Thanks Baja.
Oh..yeah..
1. Decreased volume on stereo system when RPM's drop. ( in my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire )
2. Shows radio station and song. ( in my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire )
3. Day Running Lights ( in my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire )
4. Fog Lights run without headlights. ( NOT in my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire )
:p

·
Registered
84 Posts
While good for a factory system, the sound system is out of date. A new design -- like the ridgeline -- should have standard ipod port, bluetooth, a radio display that provides all info (i.e. smaller text), and speakers with good quality. I understand that Honda is the engineering giant of the world but it wouldn't kill them to consult with motorola, apple, and bose. There is no reason that this system is not more state of the art. It would cost Honda nothing to have done these things.

The door lock system needs to be explained conceptually to me. Maybe, then, I could operate it without waking up the entire neighborhood.

The latch on the sliding door of the consol should be at the front rather than the back of the door.

The hood should be aluminum and have gas struts.

I think it's important to note that these are issues that have no attendant cost -- there is not excuse for Honda not having accomplished these things except rushing to market. Others have suggested things that will increase the cost of the vehicle. I'm happy with current cost and value, just annoyed by the shortcuts that were taken on some of the engineering. :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
TRIP COMPUTER--PLease activate
MP3 Player working with NAV Screen
Updated DVD Mapping system, our is 4 years old
Adjust text size on NAV screen

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I want a mic button on the passenger side so I can give voice controls to the NAV. Have you ever tried to type something out while riding along? (NEVER do this while driving!)

I'd like something extra on the RTL on the exterior to make it easily distiguishable from the RTS. Perhaps better trim, emblems, or some of the options coming stock.

I'd like a power outlet in the truck bed and another socket up by the auxillory jack. My iPod fits perfectly in the tray and I have a tiny jack cord, then I have to have a long power cord strung down across the front. I'd like it to be more tidy.

There are a lot of other great ideas and comments on the Hey, Honda threads.

Does Honda have anyone monitoring these discussions? They would learn a lot.

My last big question is how do we get one of these focus groups in more regions of the country? I would love to participate in one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just want to be able to clean under my windshield wipers easier - that's all, it's simple! DO IT!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Grok Lobster said:
I just want to be able to clean under my windshield wipers easier - that's all, it's simple! DO IT!
What, so you mean turning on the engine, then the wiper blades, waiting for the blades to reach their apex, then shutting off the engine, then cleaning isn't simple enough? How demanding! Next thing you know, you'll want your $60 back too!

[Tongue planted firmly in cheek] <-- Means I'm kidding. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes - I shouldn't have to turn on the engine to clean under the blades (IMHO). I park under a tree.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Body side molding and fog lites are a must for 2007. A little more head room for diriver entry would be nice. I am only 5' 11" and usually have to lower the seat before entry. A front wheel drive only would be great, with AWD an option. I have been in Accords since '81 and never had a traction problem. With 2WD the gas milage should be close to the Oddessy and 28 MPG on the hwy. That would really be nice!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts