Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, RotD here; I'm new to the forum. I've been looking for a pick-up and I think I'm pretty set on the Ridgeline (although I must confess, the chevy avalanche is something I'm considering as well).

I was looking closely at the Ridge and noticed that only the 2009 Ridge's seem to have fog lights-- located on the lower part of the front bumper. Is there a kit to add these lights to later models in the same location? I plan to buy a used vehicle.

If there's no kit to retrofit the front bumper of late model Ridge's is there a fog light kit for the Pre-2009 models that fits somewhere else on the older vehicles, perhaps on the roof?

I spend the summers in foggy Western PA and while the Ridge seems to suit all of my needs, fog lights are something I oft worry about.

Thanks for your time and patience!

RefractionsoftheDawn

·
Registered
707 Posts
All years had available fog lights.
Welcome to the ROC! Hope you find one soon! They are great trucks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:) The avalanche is a RL wannabe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I was looking closely at the Ridge and noticed that only the 2009 Ridge's seem to have fog lights-- located on the lower part of the front bumper. Is there a kit to add these lights to later models in the same location? I plan to buy a used vehicle.

If there's no kit to retrofit the front bumper of late model Ridge's is there a fog light kit for the Pre-2009 models that fits somewhere else on the older vehicles, perhaps on the roof?

RefractionsoftheDawn
You can see pics and details of the installation of fog lights by doing a simple search. You're a new member, so I did it for you. Check out the thread in the link below...Welcome to ROC!

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2118&highlight=installing+fog+lights

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The only similarity between the Ridgeline and the Avalanche is the sloped front sides of the rear bed. Other than that, both trucks are far from being similar as the first few things that comes to mind are the size, the Avalanche's V-8 vs the Ridgeline's V-6, interior space, height, etc...

The fog lights were a dealer-installed option on 2006-2008 models. This didn't stop many of us purchasing the kit from the dealer and installing it ourselves as the instructions are very concise.:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
well that depends.
if you mean by the dealer, it probably varies.
so call your local dealer or whomever you want to install it and
ask them for an estimate.

here are the instructions for the install:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline/foglights.pdf

I found it a pretty easy job to do by myself. with a friend around
it was quite easy. it's easier to safely remove the bumper and whatnot
with two people. you could do the job yourself in probably 4
hours I would guess, and I guess that would save you $300 or so
from the dealer in installation costs.

I bought mine here for $236.46 +shipping.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...UNROOF+NAVI&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FOGLIGHTS

the instructions are superb and if you pay close attention you really
can't go wrong. only thing I did differently was use a dremel instead
of a hacksaw to cut between the circles in the bumper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed mine myself, like the previous poster said, instructions are included with the kit from H & A. It is not all that difficult.
Yeah, maybe. I'm nervous about cutting into the bumper. That and I need some new power tools. I'll make a call into the dealer. I have a few plans for other mods and for those I think I'm going to have to invest in some zippy new tools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts