Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any ROC Heads out there find that their fog lights don't work after a few uses, I had mine checked out on Friday and they found that the ground wire on the frame did not have good contact. They removed paint on the connector and it works great now. FYI :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the info, did they give you a hard time because you had replaced the bulbs? Where did you end up finding the H11 bulbs? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H20MAN said:
Thanks for the info, did they give you a hard time because you had replaced the bulbs? Where did you end up finding the H11 bulbs? Let me know. Thanks.
Not at all! I told them I thought the bulbs had burned out and replace them with the H11 but they didn't work either. I had the originals there for their inspection if needed. They just took it in, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. No charge! Even gave me some maintenance coupons for future work!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tony, Thanks for the info, I ordered mine today. Which ones did you buy? I did not want to spend $75 for the PIAA'S, so I bought the Luminics. I hope they last. Thanks again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Toobuku said:
Not at all! I told them I thought the bulbs had burned out and replace them with the H11 but they didn't work either. I had the originals there for their inspection if needed. They just took it in, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. No charge! Even gave me some maintenance coupons for future work!
Who originally installed the fogs? Dealer or You?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
H20MAN said:
Tony, Thanks for the info, I ordered mine today. Which ones did you buy? I did not want to spend $75 for the PIAA'S, so I bought the Luminics. I hope they last. Thanks again.
I ordered the Nokya Arctic White H11. The bulb is blue tinted emitting a white light that has a bluish hew to it. My head lights (H4) look the same way. Both are brighter and whiter then the regular bulbs. I'm loving it.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RidgeMe said:
Who originally installed the fogs? Dealer or You?
The dealer, I'm too chicken to try that on my own. I don't want to screw the truck up. I did disassemble the front bumper to change them myself. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Toobuku- Got the bulbs today. The job does not look as easy as the Pilot bulbs. I will probably just ask one of our technicians to to do it and I will pay them, looks like too much trouble. How long did it take you? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
H20MAN said:
Toobuku- Got the bulbs today. The job does not look as easy as the Pilot bulbs. I will probably just ask one of our technicians to to do it and I will pay them, looks like too much trouble. How long did it take you? Thanks.
Dude, Don't do it!

That's a hundred dollars you are going to throw away for 30 minutes time! My service rep showed me which pins and screws to remove. There are about 6 or 7 pins on the top, under the hood, you remove gently with a flathead screwdriver and about 6 hex nuts under the bumper attached to the frame (we'll need a socket wrench). Along with 2 screws (we'll need a phillips head for those two!) at the corner of your wheel well.

I looked at one of the thread on the ROC of an owner who did his own fog lights. I'm telling you, I am no automotive genius but I'm good at assembling and disasembling. I was pleased as heck I saved that money! I was proud of my self! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts