Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I need some advice from a fellow Ridger who has installed the gold emblems available as an accessory for around $94.00. It is alot of money for something that already exists on the truck but I can't help but think they'd look GREAT on my steel blue RTL. The instructions intimidate me however regarding the removal if the front bumper/grill etc. just to be able to replace the big H in front. Has anyone done this already who can tell me the degree of difficulty? Thanks. 850 miles and still lovin' it!

Steel Blue RTL with Nav, XM, Hitch, Running Boards, Rear Mud Flaps
2004 Element EX
2001 Civic EX
1997 Chevy Cavalier LS (inherited)

·
Registered
22 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but $94 for gold colored plastic that does nothing for the truck IMHO seems w waste. Could use the money somewhere else on the truck where it really matters.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recently installed a billet grill on my black RTL Navi. The instructions that came with it were a joke. It involved right angle ratcheting screwdrivers and lots of tight spots.

I got the PDF file of the factory instructions for installing their upgraded grill. I am not a wrench-head to say the least. But, taking the bumper/grill off was a piece of cake. It's held on by ten reusable plastic clips, four 10mm bolts and two phillips screws.

I was able to set the whole thing on a padded bench and work on the grill from the back. I was amazed at how easy it actually was. It must only weigh 25 lbs. max.

You can do it if I could.

Mike :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike B. Where did you order your Billet Grill? I have been looking for a nice one to replace the stock. Thanks, Shawn

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have pictures of their Ridge with the gold emblems they could post? Also I'd like to know how substantial the trunk carpet is - thin/thick etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anything that is chrome can be transformed to "gold" by spraying it with VHT Metal Tint. (Cost 7.00 a can) others colors are red-blue-green. $94-$7=$87 savings. NUFF SAID!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts