Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1969 Corvette Stingray.

Over the winter I had the engine stroked to 496 and replaced the M20 with a M22W.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Nice Ride, Looks like a lot of fun to be had...

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. the Corvette is a blast to drive.

It also has a Rack and Pinion setup and front coilovers with adjustable shocks.

·
Super Moderator
22,588 Posts
I think 69 is my favorite year.
Agree. '69 Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, GTOs, Firebirds, Roadrunners, GTXs, 'Cudas... just to name a few.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'll take a '67 Mustang or GTO but yeah 69 Vettes and Camaro's were awesome.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I had a Ford Maverick in May of 2009 - my 1st new car - $2600 out the door with a 200 CID engine Automatic and A/C and B F Goodrich radial tires. White like the one in this picture at the top with the wheel covers on the bottom car. I wanted a Chevelle or a Cutlass but could not afford the insurance on them. The Maverick was $125/year with collision. The small block V8 would have jumped me to a $250/year cost.

I had a 1975 Vette T-top - was $5700 but it seem to rain every day that I had it and the stupid T-top leaked water on the console and the dealer made it worse every time they tried to fix the leak. I only kept it for 3 months - at 6'5" if was hard to get in and out of and I got a 75 Monte Carlo to replace it. I went thru a lot of cars before marriage ended my funding for lots of new cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Man, somehow I completely forgot all about the Mavericks. My only explanation - getting old.

I am not there yet, but my wife's grandmother, who was 90, would say, "I am starting to get old." She lived to 99 and drove an old Ford Granada.

·
Super Moderator
22,588 Posts
Really, the mid to late 60's was a great time for the big three and sweet V8s. I remember my dad had a '63 VW beetle that I was driving in the late 60s while I dreamed of 396/427 Super Sport Chevelles and 427ci/425hp tri-power Vettes and 428 Cobra Jets with shaker hoods and 440 Sixpack GTXs and 426 hemi Chargers. Ah yes. The good old days!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately for me my High school years were the late 80's. So 150HP sports cars were it.

Corvette, Mustang and Camaro were all yuck. I didn't know it at the time though.

I drove a 1975 Camaro. Just a few years early they were assume machines. Being in CA didn't help.

I bought this 84 Mustang and fixed it up for my son. He drove it for a few years then upgraded to a Mazda 2 LOL. Kids these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts