Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have relatives that live in the area, and have been informed that the Arch has only one tram working.:mad: Their suggestion as an alternative is GRANTS FARM home of the Budweiser clydesdales:) and nature preserve. Just some food for thought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
The History Channel had a one hour program this morning showing the constrution of the Arch, most interesting. Since my background has been heavy into fabrication and erection, this is an absolute wonder. I don't think I could handle the ride up to the top, I had no idea they put you in a little gondola with up to 4 more. It is suspended part way up and riding on rails part way. I think claustrophobia would take over!!:eek:

·
Registered
360 Posts
My boss's dad who started the company I work for has pictures of them putting in the last piece. It looks like the south tram is down for about two months while they replace all the cabling. One strand broke and caused the power outage. Don't worry there are 9 total cables and all would have to break for there to be a problem. They are just replacing all of them at the same time to make it easier. The north tram is still functioning though. For those who want to ride it make your reservations now or tickets will be very scarce and with long waits.

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I could handle the ride up to the top, I had no idea they put you in a little gondola with up to 4 more. It is suspended part way up and riding on rails part way. I think claustrophobia would take over!!:eek:
I rode on it once many years ago. The tram to the top is more like a ride in a dryer drum that is ready to start to spin than like a ride in an elevator. It does this rocking thing as it ratchets it's way to the top. I will wait on the ground with you. There isnt any way in the world that you could get me in that little drum ever again. I have that claustophobia thing going as well. :(

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I rode on it once many years ago. The tram to the top is more like a ride in a dryer drum that is ready to start to spin than like a ride in an elevator. It does this rocking thing as it ratchets it's way to the top. I will wait on the ground with you. There isnt any way in the world that you could get me in that little drum ever again. I have that claustophobia thing going as well. :(
Dryer drum is what I first thought of when I saw the program this morning. Five people in a dryer drum with no windows is not my idea of fun. It showed them dropping in the last pc this morning, when in place the "keystone" transfers all the load to the foundation.:cool:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
We went up in the Arch a few years ago and I feel for those people trapped in the trams. Not only is it claustrophobic but it is hot in there as well. I can only imagine what it was like in the dark for a while. I would certainly have taken the stairs rather than wait two hours for the power to come back on.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Dryer drum is what I first thought of when I saw the program this morning. Five people in a dryer drum with no windows is not my idea of fun. It showed them dropping in the last pc this morning, when in place the "keystone" transfers all the load to the foundation.:cool:
You guys are just big chickens I will wait on the ground with you. My nephew might wan't to go up & I will see him when he gets back down.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I rode to the top of the arch this spring. You ride up in seat that reminds me of the space ship Mork came to earth in.

·
Moderator & Mrs. T Mac
62 Posts
So, who's actually planning on riding to the top? The girls love going up there, so we might. I guess I ought to order our tickets now though!

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I think I'm going to pass on the ride to the top. I wonder if the lines will be significant as half the elevators are out of service..

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I was planning on going up in the Arch sometime during the weekend. Is there going to be a group going to the Arch?

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Everyone is open to do what they like, but attendance is requested at the meeting on Saturday morning and at Huey's Honda for some time anyway.

The only group that I know of is the friday morning group

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think lines will be fairly long. :( As they were taking ticket orders for two trams and are now down to one. Also that weekend is Strassenfest and the 2nd to last weekend before kids go back to school in this area. Most parents will take them that weekend rather than the weekend just before school starts.

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty easy. I'd be perfectly happy sittin' around with the folks here drinking a beverage somewhere talkin' shop or whatever. I can go out for other entertainment any time I want another weekend. I can't stray too far anyways due to my wifes' condition. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts