Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oznative said:
I thought you Kansas natives would get a boot out of the attached file. My sister in Wichita sent it to me. Enjoy:)
You bet! Sure tell the western ks bias. I miss pheasant season now that I live in eastern ks. East of the Flint Hills, we have to put up with quail, prairie chicken, tons of turkeys and a deluge of deer. The list didn't include the warning that turn signals are completely optional in Kansas. ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geotech said:
You bet! Sure tell the western ks bias. I miss pheasant season now that I live in eastern ks. East of the Flint Hills, we have to put up with quail, prairie chicken, tons of turkeys and a deluge of deer. The list didn't include the warning that turn signals are completely optional in Kansas. ;)
geotech, I truely miss all of the great outdoor activities is Kansas:( I've done a ton of prairie chicken hunting in Cassidy. There was a farm pond near Cassidy that I fished for bass and hunted for coyotes as a kid. Hey as far as turn signals go the Mfg's could just forget to put them on up here and nobody would notice:eek:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I completed a job just east of Cassidy this spring, deep in the Flint Hills. See pic below. I'm happy to report that the chickens are making a minor comeback. No where near the numbers of 30 years ago, but not like it was just 5 years ago.
BTW, it is my opinion that the explosion of turkeys has affected the hatches of ground dwelling birds, like quail and chickens. Wildlife people say no, those of us that get out and about say yes. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a great picture. How could one not love Kansas:D The chickens were very numerious in the 70's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to my fellow Kansas natives. I am a new owner of a 07 Silver RTX. Loved the rules to enter KS. :D I am located in western KS and I do wave, doesn't everyone? LOL

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Re: For you Jayhawks and Wildcats and Shockers

Welcome to the Forum and greetings out to you in the "Land of Sand." Shouldn't we add Wildcat to the name of this thread? Or maybe Shocker?
BTW: do you specialize in the 1 finger (no, that would be the index) or the 4 finger wave from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Jhawker23 said:
I'm a new RL owner from KS. Just dropping by to say hello!
Welcome to the site! :) :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When I tell people that this is where I'm from, they act like they don't believe me. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

Shouldn't we add Wildcat to the name of this thread? Or maybe Shocker?
1. Never. Jayhawks are native to Kansas.:D
2. I've never had a problem with a Shocker.

This thread reminds me of so many friends met over the years from Western Kansas. Them thurr farm boys are always out for a good time.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

1. Never. Jayhawks are native to Kansas.:D
2. I've never had a problem with a Shocker.

This thread reminds me of so many friends met over the years from Western Kansas. Them thurr farm boys are always out for a good time.
Us Shockers (1972) pose no threats to any one, sports wise. :( Maybe that's why!
And I guess that all depends on how ya'll define "Western Kansas." ;)

Welcome, Moosehawk, to the ROC. :)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, MooseHawk from another "former" Kansan (Wichita, '44-'66).

The "Rules to Enter Kansas" had me nearly busting a gut! :D And, let's not forget, a lot of folks out there wouldn't be flying (Boeing, Beech, Cessna and, formerly, Mooney) or having nearly as much fun camping (Coleman) if it weren't for Kansas!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Us Shockers (1972) pose no threats to any one, sports wise. :( Maybe that's why!
And I guess that all depends on how ya'll define "Western Kansas." ;)

Welcome, Moosehawk, to the ROC. :)
Personally, I think the Athletic Administration at KU has always been a little scared to schedule Wichita State in B-Ball...nothing to gain and a hell of a lot to lose.

Thank you, gentlemen (or ladies?).:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts