Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this video, earlier today. It's a compilation of RL videos going thru various durability tests, like the one where they drop 800+ lbs of rocks into the bed from a front-loader and the infamous "toolbox" drop test that Chevy is beating Ford up about... and the RL puts 'em both to shame with its composite bed construction!

Plus... there's some decent off-road demos to show what any RL owner can do in the truck that the traditional truck makers have a hard time calling a "true truck."

Anyway... enjoy! Besides... these are good distractions from all the Black Friday lunacy out there! :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3wSrPIVGA

· Registered
385 Posts
I carry very little in the bed of my RL and when I do I use a moving blanket for protection, this leaves my bed looking brand new all the time, I'm picky. I use my trailer for all other hauling, it does have a ding or two as expected. I used to have friends ask if I could move something for them, most don't ask a second time unless they want me to get the trailer.

trainman

· Registered
926 Posts
It saddens me when I watch General Motors commercials, especially Chevy. The way they market their junk is so slanted towards showing how dumb down our society has become to the point of showing that Millennials have zero common sense and that they must buy Chevy because it has all kinds of stupid gadgetry and high strength steel.

While their commercial may show ultimate strength, it doesn't really jive with reality IMO unless you are an idiot that doesn't take care of your stuff. Bottom line, it is possible to use a truck bed in various ways without destroying it. Protect it for the jobs at hand.

My .02

· Registered
113 Posts
Definitely true, but I think it was some genius and timely marketing by Honda. If you read the comments after these videos most of the domestic owners reply that "the Honda isn't damaged because it has a bed liner". Very few understand that the bed is made out of the material; there is no bed liner.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Just found this video, earlier today. It's a compilation of RL videos going thru various durability tests, like the one where they drop 800+ lbs of rocks into the bed from a front-loader and the infamous "toolbox" drop test that Chevy is beating Ford up about... and the RL puts 'em both to shame with its composite bed construction!

Plus... there's some decent off-road demos to show what any RL owner can do in the truck that the traditional truck makers have a hard time calling a "true truck."

Anyway... enjoy! Besides... these are good distractions from all the Black Friday lunacy out there! :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3wSrPIVGA
This was posted here many times many many months ago, like last summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.