Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORD, HONDA LEAD LIST OF NORTH AMERICAN CAR AND TRUCK OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
The three finalists for the 2006 North American Car of the Year, as selected by a group of 49 U.S. and Canadian journalists, are the redesigned Honda Civic, new Ford Fusion sedan and Pontiac Solstice roadster. Truck finalists are the redesigned Ford Explorer, second-generation Nissan Xterra SUV and new Honda Ridgeline pickup. The winners will be announced Jan. 8 ahead of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Voters evaluated 14 all-new or substantially redesigned cars and a like number of trucks introduced this year. Criteria included design, innovation, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Way cool! Even if RL does not win... we made the top 3:)
Anyone in the Detroit area that can sabotage the contest:cool:
It would be to bad if the Ford and Nission broke down on the way there:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Huh?

Truck of the year? I Only see one Truck on that list!

I guess the bigger Q is - Is an SUV a Truck or a Car?

In my book a Truck MUST have an exposed bed (or at one time exposed bed) of any size.....

An SUV is a Station Wagon on steroids!

TL

·
Registered
479 Posts
arteegee said:
Gonna be a Honda sweep.:p

Yep! If you read what's being printed about the 3 mentioned cars, the Civic should easily win. And I would put my money on the Ridgeline because of the safety factor.:)

fins

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey all. I couldn't find another place to post this and it seems that I cannot start a new thread in Headlines, but it was just announced that the Ridgeline has been picked as Motor Trend's Truck of the Year. This is the first time ever that a manufacturer has swept both the Car & Truck categories!

:D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jaiden said:
Hey all. I couldn't find another place to post this and it seems that I cannot start a new thread in Headlines, but it was just announced that the Ridgeline has been picked as Motor Trend's Truck of the Year. This is the first time ever that a manufacturer has swept both the Car & Truck categories!

Cool. It's not on their website yet, but it's good to hear that it made it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
jaiden said:

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Honda.....Congratulations!

Thanks for letting us know Jaiden!

next up..North American Truck of the year!

fins

·
Registered
479 Posts
And what's Detroit doing these days?

Red Tag Event

Family Pricing for everyone

Free Gas for two years

The price you see is what you pay (or something to that affect)

Oh, this is going to REALLY piss them off! The Bubba truck lovers must be FURIOUS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. And they didn't think it was a truck.

I wonder what the idiots at Edmunds are thinking!

LOL, ha ha LOL

And it was Honda's first try!

TMac, thanks for giving me a place to brag!

LOL, Congrats Gary Flint! I'll bet GM is missing you now!

LOL

fins

·
Registered
479 Posts
fins2theright said:
Yep! If you read what's being printed about the 3 mentioned cars, the Civic should easily win. And I would put my money on the Ridgeline because of the safety factor.:)

fins
Should have bet on this!:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
fins2theright said:
I'd like to see this adopted by all auto dealers, all of the time. It's crazy that they make us jump through hoops to get a fair price and it's one of the reasons that I buy a vehicle from a dealer only once every 10-15 years. It's simply too nerve racking to do so more frequently. Make it simple to get a fair deal and I'll be a more frequent buyer. Make it difficult and I'll avoid the process like an ex-wife. :eek: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
fins2theright said:
And what's Detroit doing these days?

Red Tag Event

Family Pricing for everyone

Free Gas for two years

Oh, this is going to REALLY piss them off! The Bubba truck lovers must be FURIOUS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. And they didn't think it was a truck.

I wonder what the idiots at Edmunds are thinking!

LOL, ha ha LOL

And it was Honda's first try!

TMac, thanks for giving me a place to brag!

LOL, Congrats Gary Flint! I'll bet GM is missing you now!

LOL

fins

Yeah, Honda's first try and they kick Detroits butt. Of course, those people in Detroit keep repackaging the same old tired platforms, with the same old ho-hum engines, with the same old tired suspensions, with the same old tired option packages, same old interior, same old basic looking exteriors..... and then wonder why people are looking for/buying something new/exciting! I'm sure they are giving their knees a good workout....kicking themselves in the rear-end!

I was a die-hard Chevy fan until I started having problems with my truck, it was outta warranty and, when ever I tried to get any help/satisfaction from GM.....all I got was, "Sorry, sir, but we cannot do anything for you". So, I ended up putting about $4000 into a truck worth about $6000, just to get it working right.....and then other things started going wrong. I swore never again. Unless Honda totally screws something up....I am gonna be a Honda owner for the foreseeable future!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
One Dodge Durango 50K miles $4000 repairs in 1.5 years

Seven Honda/Acura products 920K miles maybe $9000 in normal maintence items (brakes, tires, fluids, belts, and 2 clutches) over 18 years

Let me think will I be buying another Dodge anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
jaiden said:

This actually makes me feel good that I had owned a Ridgeline and now a Civic, although a 2003 model.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts