Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
The door molding is supposed to go at the bottom of the door where it would be slightly less hideous.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
892 Posts
That's about the most stupid place to put a giant piece of trim, where it's supposed to go isn't really bad, but on the truck that high up, it sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I parked behind one the other day and was going to take a pic but someone was in it. It's thought it was on the narrow side. Here's a video comparing it to the SC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had one on order, a pretty blue Hybrid XLT. With the 360 package and the XLT luxury package it came to about 26k and out the door at about 28.3. I would have gotten the truck at MSRP when it came in, which probably would have been around April or May next year.

I did get to see one in the flesh but did not get a test drive since it was already sold. Only the 2.0 turbos are coming in right now, the Hybrids wont start to be released till maybe December for the early orders. The truck is a nice size if you aren't looking for something to haul wood large stuff on a regular basis. I'm 5'7" and I could see over the top of the cab, can't do that on the RL. Interior isnt bad, they were creative in how they used mostly hard plastics for all the surfaces though I'm not sure it was my cup of tea. The bed is shorter than the RL as well and narrower, but if you need to you can haul 4x8 sheets propped up on the top of the fender wells and the tilted up tailgate. It can haul 1500 in the bed and tow 2k, even the hybrid. I was fine with those numbers. The price and versatility and the design will pull lots of folks in, esp those that wouldn't have considered a truck.

But in the end, I just didn't have a warm fuzzy for a first year new model. And I'm not a Ford guy, really more of a Toyota fan, but my wife has had Acuras for quite a while, so thats the Honda connection. And my first bike was a Honda so there's that too.

Most of the reports I read online are positive, but maybe that is just the honeymoon mindset with folks that got a hard to get new truck ahead of everybody else. I did see a few reviews of people complaining about some build quality issues, but I think it will take a year or so before the real reliability is known.

I'm really happy with the Ridgeline, it was what I wanted all along. Yeah its more expensive but it's much more truck. And the Ford dealer didnt have any problem giving me my deposit back, they will get a hybrid to sell (dealers cant order them for stock right now) and they are charging 5k over msrp. I even thought about keeping the order, buying the truck and then flipping it, but just decided to keep things simple.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
928 Posts
The Maverick is an entry level vehicle that happens to be a truck.

Ford is not looking to compete with other trucks, they aren't looking to compete with the Santa Cruz. Ford is selling a vehicle for the masses that gets great gas milage , perfect for first time buyers that may not want a Kia Sole.

It also works well for people who may need a truck but dont want to use it as a daily driver and can afford an extra vehicle.

Ford stands to make a killing on this, and cheap plastics on the interior is exactly the point. It's about keeping the cost down.
Which is why when dealers are gouging buyers on an entry level vehicle, it defeats everything the manufacturer is trying to accomplish. It's a short sighted move on the dealers side.

So the people who will get there hands on these are not the intended audience because they are over paying because they can. The only good news is, those people who over paid will realize they paid mid range prices on entry level vehicles and they will ultimately be disappointed.

Ford has brought back the cheap pickup and it's genius if you ask me, right up there with the VW Bug.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,142 Posts
It seems to get the job done on the Ike Gauntlet over the Eisenhower Tunnel at 11,158 ft above sea level. The Santa Cruz test will be coming soon.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
892 Posts
Most of the reports I read online are positive, but maybe that is just the honeymoon mindset with folks that got a hard to get new truck ahead of everybody else. I did see a few reviews of people complaining about some build quality issues, but I think it will take a year or so before the real reliability is known.

View attachment 419491

View attachment 419492

View attachment 419493
ALL the car magazines and reviewers LOVED Alfa Romero's when they came out, but after long term tests, they now don't have such a warm feeling for them.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ford has marketed the product

Ford stock is way up

Ford has buyers lined up for the Maverick, plucking them from various segments.

Can Ford keep them as repeat Ford buyers with a Maverick that's trouble free?

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
892 Posts
Ford has marketed the product

Ford stock is way up

Ford has buyers lined up for the Maverick, plucking them from various segments.

Can Ford keep them as repeat Ford buyers with a Maverick that's trouble free?
I agree 110%, Ford knows how to market a product, pure and simple. Look at the Bronco--the real one not the Escape converted model. But after reading a review on some of the shortcomings I don't think I would have one. Simple things like no paint behind the hinges, will be prone to rust, not a big deal some will say, but we are talking some serious money to buy one. Honda has a serious problem now with two other vehicles moving closer to the ridgeline, we are just a little more biased towards a real truck in size and specs.

341 - 360 of 392 Posts