Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
In 2006, the Ridgeline's MSRP ranged from $28,320 to $35,910. Adjusted for inflation, that's the equivalent of $36,214 to $45,920. Today, the Ridgeline's MSRP ranges from $34,995 to $44,615 for vehicle that is better in virtually every way...except for reliability.
You feel that Honda has a right to make it more expensive by removing Analog Gauges with a $40 LCD display. All the knobs for the Heat and A/C have been replaced with touch on the Radio - Also saving $100's of dollars in cost.
The removed many standard features - like the tray for the passenger. Cost saving that were not passed on.
Honda has become like GM.
You used to know that Honda was the last to embrace change - Last with offering Factory Air, Cruise Control, Fuel Injection on every car, Passenger side rear view mirror, Power window and door locks.
No more. They want to be the first to only have Turbo Only for gas engines. Unwilling to solve the gas dilution issue on the 1.5L engines because the only put 3.5L of oil to lubricate instead of 6L of oil to prevent unsafe Oil Dilution.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
181 Posts
I hope Ford knocks it out of the park with this concept. I've had two Ford's before my Honda and they were rock solid. Tech wise Ford is way better than Honda as well which is my biggest gripe with my 2017.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like a uni-body re-make of the Sport-Trac from 2001 to 2010. Companies are figuring out that Ridgeline-type vehicles are pretty versatile and they want a slice of Honda’s action.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
I suspect that some mfrs would like to convert their current domestic unibody car plants to unibody truck plants (Ford quit making most of their domestic (U.S.) sedans last year).

If the demand for sedans ever returns, Ford, and others, can bring in some from overseas (as sedans are immune to Chicken Tax) until they can convert domestic plants back to sedan production, if ever.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I had a Ford prior to the Ridgeline, it was not reliable. The service center was not the same experience as Honda, or Subaru, or any Japanese vehicle I have owned. I learned my lesson.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts