Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a simple, light travel trailer to tow behind the Ridgeline, just the wife and I on weekend trips and maybe vacation once a year.

One I saw that I liked was the Forest River R-Pod R-177 or R-178, weighing ~2500 lb. dry with a hitch weight of ~250 lbs. which seems perfect for the RL. Link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=173&Image=5054&ShowParent=1

Anybody else here own an R-Pod? Looking for some insight on them.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Not familiar with that brand. Let us know when you find out more, and certainly if you get one, provide feedback. We haven't had a travel trailer in a few years, but my wife really has her eye on the "Casita" models. We've seen a few in campgrounds, and she likes the looks/layout. Nice small trailer.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Looks like fun. One Caution, if you're like many others you will find that you like this casual lifestyle. That leads to looking for a larger camper which necessitates a larger tow vehicle.

Pics are my personal example, first a RL pulling a HiLo then a F250 pulling a Jayco.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've looked at the R-pod (was made under a different name/company about 5 years ago). I like the look (aerodynamic) and weight and the layouts (they make 5-6 different versions some with slide outs and even a toy hauler layout). It would be the first one I'd look at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw this R-Pod on the "Ridgelines can tow" thread. It looks like the one I am looking at used and same color Ridgeline, although mine is an RT. So I guess it can be done...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 RidgelineRTL and pull a 2010 Rpod. There are several that have this set up over on the Rpod owners group on FB. Love my Rpod but am not getting the greatest mpg as I thought I would get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2014 RidgelineRTL and pull a 2010 Rpod. There are several that have this set up over on the Rpod owners group on FB. Love my Rpod but am not getting the greatest mpg as I thought I would get.
Which model do you have? I am picking up a used 2010 RP-171 this weekend.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I went with a modern Teardrop. Takes up less driveway space

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been researching trailers ever since we got our RL, and found this blog/website:

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/

They have a really nice "manufacturers" page that lists tons of choices.

Once we get our youngest thru college (next year..yeah!) we'll start looking more seriously.

Thanks to everyone who posted what you have. Keep them coming. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been researching trailers ever since we got our RL, and found this blog/website:

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/

They have a really nice "manufacturers" page that lists tons of choices.

Once we get our youngest thru college (next year..yeah!) we'll start looking more seriously.

Thanks to everyone who posted what you have. Keep them coming. :)
We just finished putting aside the tuition for our youngest's last year of college which is why we bought the r-pod. I found a barely used 2010 RP-171 at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is a 175 which is not made any longer. If you go to R-pod owners group on Facebook, (it is a closed) there is a section on there for owners to sell for one reason or another.
Just got back from a rally and there were over 30 rpods there. Everyone is helpful on the FB page and LOVE their
pod!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a Forest River (Cherokee) Wolf Pup and Luv it! Use a Equalizer 4 WDH and a Primus IQ brake modulator. 18 mpg average, legal speeds. Could not B happier....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed a Teknosha P3 brake controller. I elected not to go with the WDH at least for now since the RL owners manual recommends not using one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is a 175 which is not made any longer. If you go to R-pod owners group on Facebook, (it is a closed) there is a section on there for owners to sell for one reason or another.
Just got back from a rally and there were over 30 rpods there. Everyone is helpful on the FB page and LOVE their
pod!
I just tried joining the group on Facebook. I also joined the R-Pod owners forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts