Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BlueLine--We have a 2013 and a 2020 in the family. I just bought the new RTL-E and am hoping that towing our 4000# trailer twice a year will not be a white knuckle experience (Parted with a 2017 Ram 1/2 ton 4WD and Mini Cooper). So far driving the 2020 is less annoying than I thought, as once the lane reminder nanny is turned off, it stays off. I only have to press one button to prevent the engine shutoff from engaging when I start up. (There is a work around for the default position on this) Really like the 9 speed ZF as the acceleration is a bit livelier. Biggest shocker is the mileage. Our 2013 averages 18.5 -20 on the meter and this one sits around 25. I know they lie about 1-1.5 mpg and I will check using numbers next fill up--I only have 305 miles on it. Putting skid plates and a 1.5" lift in front in order to access our property via a creek, otherwise I wouldn't bother. The deal was what made me pull the trigger........most dealers would get to $38,600 + T&L&Doc, but I found one for $36,451 with a great trade on my RAM and there you go.
Good Info! I saw you on another thread wondering about that trailer.. Did you happen to try to tow it with the 2013???
I'll be interested how that goes! Your $36,451 is a great deal! I'll be sure to mention your number to the dealer- that sounds like the number to try to beat!!

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
Ha, I have a G1 wife and a G2 wife. I'll take the G2 one any day ! It's so much more "comfortable" lol

Steve

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,199 Posts
I take inspiration for my thoughts on the Ridgelines from those commercials Honda did with Chuck Norris. For the GenI, Chuck is kicking butt while decked out wearing taped up horned rimmed glasses and a pocket protector in his shirt. For the GenII he's in full drag but still kicking butt. . .

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,037 Posts
Well, this thread went south fast. HAHA!!

eurban, I haven't really heard much about any issues with the 6AT. It's been used for many years in many different vehicles and figured it's been very well sorted. Have there been any reports of issues if one doesn't tow?

·
Administrator
15,238 Posts
eurban, I haven't really heard much about any issues with the 6AT. It's been used for many years in many different vehicles and figured it's been very well sorted. Have there been any reports of issues if one doesn't tow?
My 2019's transmission was replaced at 14,000 miles. The "H" plastic plug in the hitch receiver has never been removed. I'm not sure if the other four 2G owners who have reported transmission replacements on here towed or not.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
^^ Ouch. That's disheartening. What happened to it?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,199 Posts
^^ Ouch. That's disheartening. What happened to it?
There is also the TSB for torque convertor judder and any number of reports of GenII owners towing and needing to stop frequently to let the transmission cool down (warning light comes on). After these events, some have reported disturbingly dark transmission fluid when it was changed.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
In the words of Ned Flanders, "We're done for....done diddly done for!".

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Well, that is frightening. If it were just happening to a handful of people, it would be one thing, but it appears to be something inherent in the design. I just don't get how the 6AT has been good in other Honda vehicles, but seems to not be doing so hot in the RL. And no, I don't get out of the G1 forums much. No real need I guess since I have no interest in ever owning a G2. Nevertheless, I hope these issues are corrected for all the G2 owners out there that expect traditional Honda quality, but have not been seeing it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E AWD Steel Metallic/Gray Leather
15 Posts
Been thinking this may be a good time to trade in my '11 Ridge, and buy a 2020 G2...

I've negotiated a pretty good deal on a RTL-E, and just have to drive down and hand them a check...

I have been loosing a little sleep over this though,..

One One Hand, my current truck only has 73K well maintained miles, and fits me like an old pair of Jeans. It has a few cosmetic issues, like a drooping headliner and scratches from a well used life.. but she looks good enough.

On the other, I need tires, and a timing belt soon, I'd want to fix that headliner and could use a tax write off - but mostly... The safety technology is really appealing due to some eye surgery.. and heck Car Play and a locking Tail Gate and all the "improvements" they have made could be nice...

So the question is... Anybody regret moving from the old style to the new????
I love the look of 1G but do like the upgraded entertainment and camera. It is a great ride. I do a lot of traveling to the beach with wife and my Yellow Lab the trunk fits most luggage the back seats go up for dog and we are off. I just can't see paying $19,000+ for a 2011 or 2014 with low mileage. I paid $3K under MSRP which is half that of a 1G with acceptable miles. I wish I waited because they are giving autos away with 0% financing now due to the pandemic.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I love the look of 1G but do like the upgraded entertainment and camera. It is a great ride. I do a lot of traveling to the beach with wife and my Yellow Lab the trunk fits most luggage the back seats go up for dog and we are off. I just can't see paying $19,000+ for a 2011 or 2014 with low mileage. I paid $3K under MSRP which is half that of a 1G with acceptable miles. I wish I waited because they are giving autos away with 0% financing now due to the pandemic.
If I could get CLOSE to $19k for my ‘11 the decision would be easy!! No 0% deals on Ridgeline’s, but if I wanted a Ram, I think they are going 84 months at 0%! (I don’t).

We shall see...Today is my self imposed deadline to close the deal on a new truck, or get on with life...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Loved my 2012 RTL, but I still prefer my 2018 RTL-E I traded the G1 in for. No regrets at all!

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Slept like a baby...

Thanks all, Pulled the trigger yesterday.
So far no regrets. Time will tell. There was a certain comfort in having a truck that you don’t have to worry about getting that first scratch..

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E AWD Steel Metallic/Gray Leather
15 Posts
Slept like a baby...

Thanks all, Pulled the trigger yesterday.
So far no regrets. Time will tell. There was a certain comfort in having a truck that you don’t have to worry about getting that first scratch..

Nice looking ride! Good luck.
RM

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nice looking ride! Good luck.
RM
THANKS!!!
It was a beautiful day, and the dealer did a nice job on the pre-delivery detailing. While I thought I could live with the dark rims, and they look ok, in that shot, they just look DIRTY to me. I found a set of last years RTL-E rims, which I’m having installed tomorrow... just needed a little bit o’bling!!!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
...I found a set of last years RTL-E rims, which I’m having installed tomorrow...just needed a little bit o’bling!!!
Good move. I know a lot of folks think the previous years' RTL-E rims were ugly, but Honda slapping dark grey paint on them for the 2020 refresh was a stupid move, IMO. Now they just look cheap and drab to me. I would swap them for the older versions in a heartbeat, especially on a Lunar Silver RL.

I'm imagining an internal focus group sitting around the Honda shop. Boss says "We need new wheels for the 2020 refresh for the RTL-E, but we don't have any money to spend on a new design, so we're just going to paint over the current wheels. What do you think of these color samples? Group: "Oooooh, that dark gray color would look good! And gray is already our favorite hue at Honda anyway, so let's go with the gray. Are we done here?"

21 - 40 of 64 Posts