Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Good move. I know a lot of folks think the previous years' RTL-E rims were ugly, but Honda slapping dark grey paint on them for the 2020 refresh was a stupid move, IMO. Now they just look cheap and drab to me. I would swap them for the older versions in a heartbeat, especially on a Lunar Silver RL.

I'm imagining an internal focus group sitting around the Honda shop. Boss says "We need new wheels for the 2020 refresh for the RTL-E, but we don't have any money to spend on a new design, so we're just going to paint over the current wheels. What do you think of these color samples? Group: "Oooooh, that dark gray color would look good! And gray is already our favorite hue at Honda anyway, so let's go with the gray. Are we done here?"
That sounds about right! It would have to be cheaper to produce the painted rim then the polished rim, so why would they cheap out on the more expensive model?
Honda should let US, the loyal members of ROC, vote on some of these decisions! But that sounds like another thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
No doubt hard (impossible) to justify the purchase from an economic stand point, other then I really need tires now, and think I am getting a good number on my trade. The truck looks fine from the outside, but the interior is getting a little long in the tooth. I thought timing belts were at 10 years no matter the miles... IF I am going to replace it, this might be the “sweet spot” on value.

I was really just trying to get some color on the ownership experience.. it would hurt to give up this truck if the new truck was annoying for some reason... our G1’s were really unique, and as time goes on they may become even more of a “cult vehicle”...

Great looking truck - congrats!

"Long in the tooth" - I get that. My 2007 still ran & drove great, but while in reasonable condition for the age, there was no denying the grunge factor that slowly but certainly builds over time, even if you keep it pretty clean. Mine had the common rust eating at the rear wheel wells; 4 years older than yours, but it might've been stalking you too under the surface. Really enjoyed my time in the G1 "cult", but decided to let the good memory be that and step into a fresher future.

That said, sold my G1 to son in law for what they offered on trade. He had an old F150 that was kind of a clod, had never paid any attention to my RL....but 6 months into the RL experience is really diggin' it. Yesterday he was talking about a roof rack and maybe a brush guard, and my daughter was rolling her eyes like "what did you do to him, dad?" - LOL.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Good move. I know a lot of folks think the previous years' RTL-E rims were ugly, but Honda slapping dark grey paint on them for the 2020 refresh was a stupid move, IMO. Now they just look cheap and drab to me. I would swap them for the older versions in a heartbeat, especially on a Lunar Silver RL.

I'm imagining an internal focus group sitting around the Honda shop. Boss says "We need new wheels for the 2020 refresh for the RTL-E, but we don't have any money to spend on a new design, so we're just going to paint over the current wheels. What do you think of these color samples? Group: "Oooooh, that dark gray color would look good! And gray is already our favorite hue at Honda anyway, so let's go with the gray. Are we done here?"

To each his own I guess...
I'll be sticking the "Dirty Ones" in the classifieds...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Even better with the brushed silver wheels. My 2019 RTL AWD has those too, and I like them....but kinda like the Sport wheels even better; not enough to change them though.
Yep-they look nice, too! Looking through the picture threads, the ZDX 19” rims are my favorite, but I was not about to toss my brand new 18” tires. I would have to do a lot of research before I felt comfortable switching from stock...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yep-they look nice, too! Looking through the picture threads, the ZDX 19” rims are my favorite, but I was not about to toss my brand new 18” tires. I would have to do a lot of research before I felt comfortable switching from stock...

Agree - the ZDX are beauts. Also not keen on moving from stock.

Your truck looks great - like it in silver. I had a silver 2007 from 2011 until November last year, so my wife & I were ready for something different. Got the dark blue, which of course shows the dirt, but looks amazing on the occasional "clean" day :).

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Agree - the ZDX are beauts. Also not keen on moving from stock.

Your truck looks great - like it in silver. I had a silver 2007 from 2011 until November last year, so my wife & I were ready for something different. Got the dark blue, which of course shows the dirt, but looks amazing on the occasional "clean" day :).
There is a Blue one in my Hood.. Awesome! I already Have a Black Car (Volvo V70R) that I obsess over.. one is enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
There is a Blue one in my Hood.. Awesome! I already Have a Black Car (Volvo V70R) that I obsess over.. one is enough!

Haha, we have a black SUV (Lexus GX460) and my wife's fun old white convertible. Those V70Rs are sharp!

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Haha, we have a black SUV (Lexus GX460) and my wife's fun old white convertible. Those V70Rs are sharp!
Soooo.. what’s her fun old white Convertible? I have a convertible as well- an ‘08 Miata, that’s the going to the beach car... full of sand and sunscreen!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Soooo.. what’s her fun old white Convertible? I have a convertible as well- an ‘08 Miata, that’s the going to the beach car... full of sand and sunscreen!!

2009 Mercedes CLK350. Got it new (for free; long story), and get it out every once in a while for a chillin' cruise.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
2009 Mercedes CLK350. Got it new (for free; long story), and get it out every once in a while for a chillin' cruise.
Sounds like you have all the bases covered! Good stuff!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,312 Posts
Good Info! I saw you on another thread wondering about that trailer.. Did you happen to try to tow it with the 2013???
I'll be interested how that goes! Your $36,451 is a great deal! I'll be sure to mention your number to the dealer- that sounds like the number to try to beat!!
We haven’t towed our 189R with the G1. We towed it with my Ram 1500 which I traded in, For twice a year I figured the G2 will do it plus I’m selling my Mini and the G2 makes for a great all around driver. Driving a Ram for errands is not pleasant! Our 1st G1 (2007) did tow, but we kept the trailers around 2,800 to 3,000 which it it did quite well.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
We haven’t towed our 189R with the G1. We towed it with my Ram 1500 which I traded in, For twice a year I figured the G2 will do it plus I’m selling my Mini and the G2 makes for a great all around driver. Driving a Ram for errands is not pleasant! Our 1st G1 (2007) did tow, but we kept the trailers around 2,800 to 3,000 which it it did quite well.
I had an F-150 prior to my first Ridgeline, could not agree more-The Ridgeline is a much better choice around town. (Although, not quite a Mini for an urban assault vehicle!!!)
I’ve been following several of the towing posts. it sounds like you should be OK-I’m sure will post how it goes once you do...
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sounds like you have all the bases covered! Good stuff!

Empty nesting has its plusses :). Our 4 YO grandson has to "drive" at least two of them when he's here, and his 2 YO little sis is getting into the act too. Luckiest guy on earth, and possessions are the least of it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,312 Posts
I had an F-150 prior to my first Ridgeline, could not agree more-The Ridgeline is a much better choice around town. (Although, not quite a Mini for an urban assault vehicle!!!)
I’ve been following several of the towing posts. it sounds like you should be OK-I’m sure will post how it goes once you do...
Good Luck!

Ha ha, a Mini it’s not but the handling Is quite pleasant. Really enjoying it. I wish somebody like Rancho would make a bit firmer strut assembly; maybe someday who knows. I will post as soon as we do tow.......looks to be delayed for now, but looking forward to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been thinking this may be a good time to trade in my '11 Ridge, and buy a 2020 G2...

I've negotiated a pretty good deal on a RTL-E, and just have to drive down and hand them a check...

I have been loosing a little sleep over this though,..

One One Hand, my current truck only has 73K well maintained miles, and fits me like an old pair of Jeans. It has a few cosmetic issues, like a drooping headliner and scratches from a well used life.. but she looks good enough.

On the other, I need tires, and a timing belt soon, I'd want to fix that headliner and could use a tax write off - but mostly... The safety technology is really appealing due to some eye surgery.. and heck Car Play and a locking Tail Gate and all the "improvements" they have made could be nice...

So the question is... Anybody regret moving from the old style to the new????
I'll find out tomorrow, picking up a 2020 Sport. I have loved my 2007 RT but it is time to say goodbye. At the moment, we have no car payments but my wife's 2013 Odyssey is wracking up the miles and we do not want to be in a position of having two car payments. Since my vehicle is older, I get to go first :D

Ideally, a RTL-E AWD would have been my choice but it is out of my reach budget-wise. For some dumb reason, I actually considered one of the domestics. Test drove a Canyon, Ranger and then the Ridgeline. Like going from a unicycle to a Ferrari. No comparison.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'll find out tomorrow, picking up a 2020 Sport. I have loved my 2007 RT but it is time to say goodbye. At the moment, we have no car payments but my wife's 2013 Odyssey is wracking up the miles and we do not want to be in a position of having two car payments. Since my vehicle is older, I get to go first :D

Ideally, a RTL-E AWD would have been my choice but it is out of my reach budget-wise. For some dumb reason, I actually considered one of the domestics. Test drove a Canyon, Ranger and then the Ridgeline. Like going from a unicycle to a Ferrari. No comparison.
Congrats!! Two weeks in, I’m super happy! What color?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts