Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's difficult to sign on. It says to backspace, refresh and try again because of security. If you get signed in, usually when you go to another page, you will see that you are signrd out. Didn't know how to otherwise get this out to administrators.

Edit: seems to be working fine now.

Edit: Thanks for moving it to the correct location.

I think I know where the problem starts. If I see a thread from the "New Posts" or "Popular" and then try to access it it will show that I'm no longer signed on. If I go back to "New Posts" or "Popular" it will show me as signed on.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still not working properly. It's still difficult to sign in and if I sign off it still shows me as logged on. When go to the thread that shows me logged on, and try to sign out I get an error message. Please advise. I have cleared browsing history (chrome) tried IE and the issue still persists. I'll try using a desktop next.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
@Administrator any chance you can assist @14v6 in troubleshooting this random issue on his end.

Unfortunately I have been in very little this week but these are usually something you all are really good about providing directions on how to troubleshoot

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Administrator any chance you can assist @14v6 in troubleshooting this random issue on his end.

Unfortunately I have been in very little this week but these are usually something you all are really good about providing directions on how to troubleshoot
Thanks Carmask. At this point, it still doesn't work as it should and I can't like or reply to all posts. I give up. I'll be reading but can't really participate anymore. The problem seems to have occurred when that new pop up box asks you to sign on with google facebook.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help @Carsmak, it's still intermittent but as I pointed out, it's for the Accord forum as well, the same types of issues.

Did a change go thourgh? Working well now, I always appear to be signed in. Hope it lasts.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be onto something. I often look at the forum when not signed on and when I see something to respond to I sign on but can't access that particular post. Other posts that I didn't look at when signed off I can access the normal way when being signed on. Does this make sense anyone? I guess from now on, I'll stay signed on and see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I may be onto something. I often look at the forum when not signed on and when I see something to respond to I sign on but can't access that particular post. Other posts that I didn't look at when signed off I can access the normal way when being signed on. Does this make sense anyone? I guess from now on, I'll stay signed on and see if it helps.
It is the CloudFlare caching. It's misconfigured or not functioning properly.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
@14v6 from discussions I've had with @HyperPete that is on the forums end, above us moderators paygrade also. ;)

·
Administrator
830 Posts
@14v6

Trying to narrow this one down and not seeing anything goofy on the back end of your account. Also weird that is only applying to your account. We will tweak some settings today and see if that helps but in the meantime can you try the following?

Clear your cache and cookies - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
Grab screenshots of what error you are seeing with timestamps and also what exact links trigger this?
Can you try and other computers or mobile tablet devices?

Thanks,
Jeff M

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@14v6

Trying to narrow this one down and not seeing anything goofy on the back end of your account. Also weird that is only applying to your account. We will tweak some settings today and see if that helps but in the meantime can you try the following?

Clear your cache and cookies - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
Grab screenshots of what error you are seeing with timestamps and also what exact links trigger this?
Can you try and other computers or mobile tablet devices?

Thanks,
Jeff M
I've done that and run CC cleaner as well. When the problem occurs it's for any post that's recent. I can not reply or edit my own posts until a certain amount of time elapses. Also, when the problem occurs I could be signed on and then go to recent posts or popular posts. When I see a recent post and click on it, my avator is no longer there but just the log on box. When I try to log on I get the security error message. I can go back to a previous screen and now see my avator and log off. I can go to another screen and it will show I am logged on? I can even see alerts of someone liking my post even though my post is not available to view until a certain amount of time passes although it will be a listed as a new post a moment ago. It seems to be a real time issue. When it occurs again, I'll try to capture what you are looking for. Thanks for your help, you all must think I'm crazy.

This morning, I even tried my Iphone and still got the secruity error message. When the problem occurs it happens on the Accord forum as well so I don't know if the problem is on my account level. It shouldn't be the device since the same issue occurred on my phone.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Administrator, want to pm me and sign on with my credentials, the problem is occurring now if I try to see a reply to a new post in the 2020 release date thread, shows I'm not logged on.

·
Administrator
830 Posts
10-4, thanks for confirming.

We have not seen any other users report this issue which is why it is weird and I believe it is some settings locally, are you using Private Browsing/Incognito or any other special plugins or pop up blockers?

One the techs will be verifying some settings on the back end later today and see if they can find something on our end.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Got this earlier today, was a new one for me...

View attachment 397948
Bad programming...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts