Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I've had my truck since 2013 and I have been loving it! Only major issues I've had were
1) Alternator went bad
2) power steering pressure hose (did a DIY... that was painful)

Truck is sitting at 140k and driving great!

Currently I'm deployed , so I was looking at what services I needed to do once I got home, which led to me googling Modded Ridgeline which led me back to the ROC. I had skimmed it before (mainly when working on my power steering) but never looked around at the different topics. So now that I have, I've have set my mind to Mod my truck!!

Currently I have purchased to do :

READYLIFT 2in suspension

Borla exhaust system

K&N air intake

Led bulbs for my headlights

Then doing my spark plugs, o2 sensors, and an axle boot.
I
All also do a fluid flush as.well.

Is there anything else you guys can think of that would make this truck look bad ass!! Thinking of painting it Desert Tan.

I'll be documenting all the mods as I install and do them on here. Maybe record them and put em on youtube to help anyone else.

Thinking of putting the biggest tires as possible on this. Hope to hear from you all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,469 Posts
Welcome to the ROC and thank you for your service!

Sounds like fun and your Ridgeline looks assume in its "tuxedo."

Depending on how much highway driving you plan on doing, I would be careful about how you you modify your exhaust. Keeping your resonators will really help keep the drown out of the cab while cruising down the road on long trips.

I would not waste my time with a K&N air intake. The Ridgeline comes straight from the factory with a cold air intake system that is even good for water fording. The only thing the K&N system is going to give you is a different sound from under the hood when you are at full throttle (i.e. no performance enhancement whatsoever).

There are some good threads on what not to do when upgrading your headlights. Don't just put a set of LED bulbs in the existing OEM halogen reflectors unless you want a cop to give you a ticket (i.e. they push light all over the place instead of focusing it, blinding other vehicles). Get the right kind of headlight kit so you do not become the cause of an accident.

A good looking set of off road tires really helps the Gen1 look good, in my opinion. Here is a chart a ROC member put together on what tire and rim sizes will fit on a Gen1 and what modifications may need to be made to get ti to work.

Good luck, stay safe, and let us know how it works out with lots of before and after pictures.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,460 Posts
There is a wealth of knowledge on ROC and discussions on finding genuine parts (as there are many counterfeits around). Anything and everything that you may want to do, many have already been discussed and they are definitely worth a read. Enjoy your stay on ROC.

Stay safe while you are deployed.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yea skip the K&N, you could do just the filter to have the convenience of cleaning it but you will see no benefit from it. I eventually went back to a normal filter.

265/70/17 or the like is about as big as you could go with out it being a pain. You will have to clearance the mudguards if you keep them and the pinch welds will need to be ground down a bit or flattened with a hammer.

I honestly prefer the output of the brighter sylvania zxe bulbs vs leds. The output of the light is more controlled vs the leds. Leds dont like to be scattered, They like to be projected and our headlights dont project. But if you do leds make sure to aim them down to not blind people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts