Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just (with mixed feelings) traded in my 2013 Ridgeline RTL, but I pulled out the weathertech digital floor-liners that I purchased a year ago. They're black and I have the full set (front and back). If anybody in the Boston area (I live in Westborough MA) wants to pick them up just let me know. I'm a huge fan of the Ridgeline, this forum, and the people on it, some of whom have helped me in the past... so if I can give something back that would be cool with me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If I pickup the shipping, would that work?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me give it a week. If nobody local wants to swing by and pick them up I'll ship them to you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's very fair! Thanks.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Re: Free Weathertechs - You PickUp Massachusetts!

Let me give it a week. If nobody local wants to swing by and pick them up I'll ship them to you.
For local pickup interest, you might want to include in thread title, as above.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Free Weathertechs - You PickUp Massachusetts!

For local pickup interest, you might want to include in thread title, as above.
Agreed... I'm not too good with technology, it's a wonder I was able to start a thread... I'll see if I can edit that. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
That's awesome of you, boston. Sorry to see you give up your RL. If you don't mind me asking, why did you? Just didn't fit your needs anymore?

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why did you? Just didn't fit your needs anymore?
Same question here after you went back to an RL!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The RL fit my needs in every way... and in the past when I veered off (twice) I came back to the RL because all (3) of the Ridgeline's I owned had been flawless. I put a ton of mileage on my vehicles and I generally trade them in just when it's time to get tires/brakes (and out of warranty for anything else)... I like to "look" at year end when I absolutely don't need to buy, but if a dealership wants to make one more month end/year-end sale and is willing to knock my socks off I'll listen... and that's what happened with the Jeep. If RL already had Gen2 out, or at least if it were around the corner, I'd have waited it out, but after driving the Jeep, reading reviews, etc., I figured I didn't have too much to lose taking a chance on the GC. I paid $28,500 for my 2013 RTL when I bought it (new) and traded it in with 62K miles for $25k, which was the minimum I would accept and I did very well on the Grand Cherokee side of the negotiation also... so I pulled the trigger. The Jeep is a step up in terms of luxury and technology (the interior of the Jeep is very impressive), and I got the "altitude" package, which has black rims and trim and it looks pretty sharp and at least a little bit different than the masses of Grand Cherokees that are on the road here. I will occasionally miss having a vehicle with a bed and in-bed trunk and I'm skeptical of Jeep's reliability due to being burnt in the past, but for now it's a hell of a stylish ride to get me to Gen2 (also with what I expect to be approximately 20% better gas mileage). I'm also interested to see how the GC does in the snow... The RL's were the best snow vehicles I've ever owned.

Sorry for the long post... but that's the background.

Re the weathertechs, I've had a few PM's and people willing to pay the shipping... but honestly I'm on the road and moving around a lot and I'd prefer to not deal with shipping so I'd really rather have somebody local stop by and pick them up directly... sorry about that. I'll get back to you regarding shipping if nobody local steps up (hard to imagine with the number of RL's I see around here).

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have an idea, although I'd like to pay for the shipping of your mats, you could simply drop them in the bed of the next Ridgeline you see. It would be a nice surprise for the owner of that Ridgeline.

In regards to your trade, you got a fantastic return on your investment.. Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tom, absolutely... my thought is that if I don't get a local forum member to come forward I'll drop them in the bed of the first RL I see with any kind of armed services or veteran markings on their vehicle or lic. plate. Before I do that though, if there's anybody who serves in the military on this forum who wants them (no matter where you live) please PM me and I'll get them to you. No worries on the shipping.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Outstanding idea!

·
Registered
93 Posts
you sure you don't want to move to Cincinnati so I can stop buy and pick these up:act006:
may have to be more specific on what part of Cincy...that may make all the difference :act010:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys... I'll be mailing the matts on Monday to a very worthy recipient who's currently a volunteer to those who serve (and previously served himself). Thanks for your interest and help. I'm happy to give just a little something back to somebody in this community who deserves our appreciation.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Kudos, boston. Great thing to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts