Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check in with my fellow, Ridgeline-owning Idahoans.

I am in Boise, and have seen several of you out there driving about our great city, but wanted to actually communicate with you to develop a better sense of community amongst Ridgeline owners.

I have found that my Ridgeline tackles the back roads of the Boise National Forest quite well. My wife and I also tow our 27' trailer quite frequently. Aside from poor gas mileage, the truck handles the trailer quite well.

What's your impression of Ridgeline towing -- highway and backroading?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Idaho,
Lived in S.E. Boise for 7 yrs,loved it.My ridge would love all them logging roads.Don't think I would take her to Atlanta though,is that road still unpaved?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Welcome to the ROC from your neighbor to the south. We vacation in Idaho frequently, so can we be honorary Ridgeline-owning Idahoans?

·
Registered
408 Posts
007_RTX said:
Hey... I'm in Nampa and will be receiving my RTX tomorrow!! WooHoo. How bout them BSU Broncos!!
Somebody's putting extra coach-mojo in the water down there. That was one of the best finishes to a game I have seen, period.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi to Paitken and fellow ROCers. My wife and I are in Twin falls Idaho with a 2008 silver Ridgeline. Have towed a 21 foot Fun Finder and an 18 foot Fun Finder with the Ridgeline and it is an excellent tow vehicle. We previously had a 2007 Ford F150 and we needed an equalizer hitch with sway control to feel stable. I noticed that the Ridgeline manual indicates that sway control is not recommended so I tried towing without one and stability was excellent. As in other post MPG is NOT the Ridgelines strong suit ( the Ford with a 4.6 litre engine actually got 2 to 3 miles better MPG when towing ) but all other aspects of the Ridgeline outshine the Ford significantly. We are certainly up for any get togethers. Lee

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, Lee. A few westerners have talked about a meet at Yellowstone in June.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but it's the only sign of locals I found. I'm in Kimberly (just down the road from Twin Falls) and just bought my RL this weekend. Thought I'd see if there were any others in the area.
I know I see alot of them driving around Twin when I'm in town, thought there might be one or two members in the bunch.:)

Liam

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Born in Boise in 1943 and have lived in southern ID off and on for 30 years. I now travel to almost everytown in the state. It's still my favorite state to visit in the NW, If you see a blue RL with WA plates and a Leer cap, I'm just passin through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts