Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody had their front (lower) air cowling come loose/off yet? My neighbor out in the country that has the exact same RL color and model as I do, knocked his off for the second time this past weekend while he was running around his property. He says it is not a big deal to re-install as it just has pop in plastic anchors.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No problems yet. I haven't done any hard driving, other than normal road driving though. Which cowl are you referring to? Underneath or by the wipers. I'm gonna take a stab & assume you mean the one down below, but you know what happens when you ASSUME:D

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have specified, yes the one under the front bumper. I was surprised when he showed it to me that other than a little rock rash, it was in good shape. He said he was watching a group of deer and turkeys and wasn't watching where he was going and hit a rock in the middle of the dirt road.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Outfitter said:
I should have specified, yes the one under the front bumper. I was surprised when he showed it to me that other than a little rock rash, it was in good shape. He said he was watching a group of deer and turkeys and wasn't watching where he was going and hit a rock in the middle of the dirt road.
Did the rock do any further damage other than the plastic?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5S Dude said:
Did the rock do any further damage other than the plastic?
Nope, and I wouldn't really consider the rock rash "damage" to the plastic cowling. I seen worse damage to lower air cowlings happen in grocery store parking lots.
This guy really uses his truck hard off road at his ranch. He takes it places that I would only take my ATV's or old Jeep to. So far, other than the cowling, he has only put a small cut in one of his tires. He made an interesting comment when we were discussing some of the places he had taken his RL out there, " I won't have a truck that won't get me and my gear where I need to get". Talk about a testimonial that the RL's are "real truck"!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have had it happen. i just left it off though. i dont think u need it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Took it in a really big hole and no damage there.
I would like to point out that the word 'there' in the previous sentence is the key word. Lest we all forget, the mud puddle incident of 2005 and the poor trailer hitch :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine came down this weekend. Terrible design to say the least. All plastic snaps missing and mounting tabs at the front have all busted off where they screw to the body. This needs a redesign!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
SDB1 said:
Mine came down this weekend. Terrible design to say the least. All plastic snaps missing and mounting tabs at the front have all busted off where they screw to the body. This needs a redesign!
And this had nothing to do with flying down the hill doing 30 was it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
TheRidgester said:
And this had nothing to do with flying down the hill doing 30 was it?
I don't know exactly as I only inspected for damage at the end of my downhill adventure. However it could have happened at any point of the day since the front end bottomed on several occasions even at extremely slow speeds. The point is when I looked at it I noticed how low it is and how flimsily it's mounted on there! Plastic Snaps??? This is especially important in California as most of our OHV areas are graced with large areas of woop-de-doos. You have to go dead slow through these in order not to bottom out but some times you'll be cruising along and they sneak up on you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts