Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of the front of the RL's bed (under the rear window)
with the bed panel removed? I'm looking to install a CB antenna and am looking for an access point into the cab. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm thinking about mounting the CB antenna on the top tie down bracket but am concerned as to how to get the large end on the cable thru the cab as well as the composite panel. I see the holes on each side, are they easy to penetrate? and is there seat removal involved in the process? I wonder why they don't put a grommet or two in the back of the cab to act as a pass thru, same with the firewall. Guess that would be common sense.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You might with the seat but it will sure be easier to see without the seat, I would take the seat off, taking the back seat off is super easy just unbolt the 3 gold nuts, 1 in the left, middle and right off the seat.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the install instructions for OEM accessory back-up camera. They have cable routing through that back panel. (can be found at handa.com)

I believe there is a grommeted hole that is used (too long ago for me to remember & I don't want to read those instructions again) :)

http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline/backupcamera.pdf
Holy Crap! Those install instructions make me want to just stick the antenna thru the back window! Still didn't get quite clear on how to get thru the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might with the seat but it will sure be easier to see without the seat, I would take the seat off, taking the back seat off is super easy just unbolt the 3 gold nuts, 1 in the left, middle and right off the seat.
Where are these three gold nuts you speak of? I took a quick look around, with the seat bottom down but didn't see any bolts. It was quick due to it being minus friction degrees below due to global warming...:act018:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Holy Crap! Those install instructions make me want to just stick the antenna thru the back window! Still didn't get quite clear on how to get thru the passenger compartment.
Check steps 54 thru 57 in those instructions. They show where to put cable through grommeted hole in C-pillar. In this case it's on the driver's side, but I believe there may be one on both sides of the bed. You see this grommeted hole as a black round spot just below a rectangular shape on the left upper area of the bed in the below image (just under the word 'bed' previously in this sentence). This is going into the corner structural member (the 'C' pillar). All you have to figure out is how to get under the bed liner skin in the first place! (drill a hole I guess)

·
Registered
26 Posts
OP, I don't have any pics but I have removed the forward verticle panel to route antenna coax with no difficulty at all. I did have to remove the top tie-downs on both sides so the panel would clear.

In my installation I used a Comet (I think) adjustable NMO mount clamped to the left side upper tie-down and it works great. I routed the coax through a slice in the cab air pressure release flap as seen in the pics in this thread.

I had no trouble at all routing the coax with the back seat in place.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Check steps 54 thru 57 in those instructions. They show where to put cable through grommeted hole in C-pillar. In this case it's on the driver's side, but I believe there may be one on both sides of the bed. You see this grommeted hole as a black round spot just below a rectangular shape on the left upper area of the bed in the below image (just under the word 'upper' previously in this sentence). This is going into the corner structural member (the 'C' pillar). All you have to figure out is how to get under the bed liner skin in the first place! (drill a hole I guess)

.... also, it didn't occur to mention it 'til I read the last thread, but the grommeted hole I referenced above is behind the SIDE panel (I believe), not the front panel..... it does go through to the cabin alright, but it's so far to the side that it ends up in the corner behind the side panel (as seen in pic).

Late EDIT: 'Had to change the "word-to-position" location reference above ("upper"), due to text displaying differently here than on original post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts