Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't a front bench option for the RL that I don't know about is there?
I just read an article where the reviewer said:

"Inside, this is clearly a Honda. Kind of a plastic, Spartan look, the six-passenger Ridgeline -- three up front, three in the rear, all on bench seats -- has all the stuff -- power door locks and windows, nice radio/CD with XM radio, heated front seats, power driver’s seat, 12-volt outlet; the works -- it just isn’t fancy by any means.

What was he driving? The article is here.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DoctorJ said:
Review writers don't make errors, right? :rolleyes:
That's some error. I could understand him misquoting a statistic or making an erroneous comment about something that he perhaps didn't understand, but he drove around in the thing and thinks it has a front bench seat? Maybe he wrote the review a long time after the drive.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Don't all crew cab trucks have a 5 foot bed?

Also, didn't he know about the swing action of the tailgate? He said you laid the tailgate down and reach over the tailgate to open the trunk! :eek:

I also liked the way he asked a "Ford guy" what he thought of the truck. Go figure!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sent him an email asking for him to correct his mis-informed article....

We will see if it gets corrected.....

If anyone else wants to send him and email, his email address is [email protected] as listed on the article.

TL

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Don't all crew cab trucks have a 5 foot bed?
No. The Ford Sporttrac is the shortest at 50"
Like the RL, the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma have 60" beds, but the Taco has a long bed version at 73.5"
The Dodge Dakota has a 65" bed.
Full size pickups are usually 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 foot beds.
But not one of them has a trunk. :D :p

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Webwader said:
No. The Ford Sporttrac is the shortest at 50"
Like the RL, the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma have 60" beds, but the Taco has a long bed version at 73.5"
The Dodge Dakota has a 65" bed.
Full size pickups are usually 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 foot beds.
But not one of them has a trunk. :D :p
Wow Web, you look like you did a lot of shopping before you found your Ridge!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Wow Web, you look like you did a lot of shopping before you found your Ridge!
And for the most part, I never left my computer. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I sent an e-mail too. Here's what I said:

In response to your so called review of the Ridgeline...."Some nice touches, but flaws limit the reach of the Ridgeline".

You mention 6 passenger seating. "the six-passenger Ridgeline -- three up front, three in the rear, all on bench seats." Where did you get that from? Did you actually SEE the truck? I recall hearing about 6 passenger seating (base model) for this truck BEFORE it was released. I sure hope you actually saw this truck.

The comments about the "tinny, weak and just plain under-built" doors. That's absurd. This truck performed BETTER than any other 4 door truck in crash tests........all around. I disagree with your negative opinion that they feel "awfully light". They feel wonderfully light. I'll take Honda's ability to engineer a "safe light weight feeling" over the less safe, heavy as a sand bag, neanderthal knuckel dragging approach that is typial of Detroit. As would many "average" people in this country. Even a "truck guy" can appreciate that.

The doors do not sound "tinny". Once again, I question wheter you ever saw this truck in person.

You failed to mention that the tail gate swings out. You did however mention that the tail gate is beefy. Thanks.

Finally, the bed size. "...too small for someone looking to use the Ridgeline for work." I'd like to know how much longer you would expect it to be? It's a shame you didn't elaberate for your readers. It would have been nice to hear from your "Ford" guy how big the bed is in a f150 Crew cab. I already know the answer, and I find it hard to believe the 4 door F150 would satisfy the "truck guy crowd" as it pertains to bed length.

"I asked a couple of workers I know, who favor Ford's, and they said it wasn't a working man's truck." Gee, there's a surprise! Thanks for shedding the light un that subject! That's journalisim?

If Detroit didn't think like you, they wouldn't be in the predicament they are in.

By the way, I come from a family of truck guys. Had many myself before realizing the Ridgeline does more of the things that I doo better than the competitors. I use it for light duty and ocassional hauling / towing. And a whole lotta regular drving around town!

And I am in the majority of truck owners in this country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts