Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered hundred of times, but I am unable to find any such threads. I looked for about and hour.
I am looking for the wiring diagram (colors) of the wires on the front blinker/turn signal/positioning lights/parking lights. I have had no luck finding one so far. Please help.

Thank you,
Peter

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll send you an electronic version of the service manual.
That is definitely a useful set of documents, man. I will get back to it numerous times, I'm sure. Thank you for sending it over, it's freakin priceless :)
However, despite finding a bunch of interesting stuff already, I don't see the wiring colors. For example, in my passenger side blinker, I have Black, Red, and Gold. I have not been able to locate an explanation as to what they are in this manual. They go over replacing the bulb, but not what the wires do. Unless perhaps I'm just blind and can't find it :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw, I gave up on the front blinkers. I replaced all interior and exterior lights except the front blinkers. Not that I didn't try, but it kept either blowing fuses or the bulbs. So I gave up on it.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Pg 22-186 and 22-187 if it's an oem manual

Attachments

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
:act024::act024: Don't forget about refilling the blinker fluid - you have to use Genuine Honda Right or Left Blinker fluid. You also need a Honda part A123-98765 tool to get the cap off to refill the blinker fluid - there is on on the left for left turns and one on the right for right turns and the on in the middle is for 4-way flashers and uses Honda 4 way flasher fluid. :act030: :act035: :act060:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pg 22-186 and 22-187 if it's an oem manual
The picture you posted shows one wire (BRN) for the right signal. And then it shows the dashboard indicators? I think this must be a reference to something way more complicated than my thing. Any electrical signal I've ever heard of (lights included) has at least two wires, positive and negative. As I mentioned before, mine has three: black, red, and gold. So to see a diagram with only one is totally clueless to me.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
blinker fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Never heard of it. My original bulbs don't have such a thing anyway. Seems very counter intuitive, no?
Your leg should be getting about as long as his nose about now. He & Larry are practicing their comedy club stand-up routine, Ron White style (with a glass of scotch in his hand)! ! ! ! !:act024:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your leg should be getting about as long as his nose about now. He & Larry are practicing their comedy club stand-up routine, Ron White style (with a glass of scotch in his hand)! ! ! ! !:act024:
Word-up, man! This relieves me from feeling like a tool :)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The picture you posted shows one wire (BRN) for the right signal. And then it shows the dashboard indicators? I think this must be a reference to something way more complicated than my thing. Any electrical signal I've ever heard of (lights included) has at least two wires, positive and negative. As I mentioned before, mine has three: black, red, and gold. So to see a diagram with only one is totally clueless to me.
Ummm there are two wires to each bulb shown in the figure. On the one side, one is a brown wire and the other is a black one. The other bulb has a red/blue and a black wire

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ummm there are two wires to each bulb shown in the figure. On the one side, one is a brown wire and the other is a black one. The other bulb has a red/blue and a black wire
Mine are Red, Black and Gold on the passenger side. I imagine it's because they are dual-purpose bulbs for solid positioning lights with one element and blinking brighter with two elements.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts