Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in my office last week may Ridge line was parked out front, right next to it was a new Ford F250.
I had to do a double take as the design was so much alike.
The Ford had some chrome in places that the Ridge did not but the angles were very simular.

On a different subject, I think Toyota makes a very good vehicle, but I am not sure I would want some of there logos. On some option packages you are forced to wear a badge that reads TRD for Toyota Racing Division, but every time I read it I wonder if they left a U out. The short version brings to mind the same thought.

·
Registered
626 Posts
LOL. I find that a lot of vehicles are starting to look the same -- look at the whole mid-size sedan market, you can barely tell the difference between them!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I can't knock the Toyotas too much. After all, if the Ridgeline didn't exist.......that's what I would be driving!:p

Hey, someone want to start a new poll? If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what brand/model pick-up would you be driving?

·
Registered
183 Posts
For me it was either a taco or a ridge! I liked the new tacos because you pop the hood and reach right in to the top front of the engine and change the oil filter! So clever and I also liked that there was no transmission dip stik, just change the fluid at 100,000 miles.
I would never put a Toyota down!
Mike

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree everybody has the " Gangster" look now...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stated I thought Toyota made a very good vehicle. I was poised to buy a Crew Cab LB Tacoma before I bought my Ridge. The Toyota was great but the Honda was much nicer to drive, more room for passengers, more features and as they say its a Honda.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was going to buy the Colorado. To me there wasn't enough difference between the other vehicles to make them worth the premium price. Then I tried the Ridgeline and it completely changed my mind. This was all during the GM employee pricing period so there was a significant difference in price then.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No, I think I would have stuck with my 4-Runner. I wanted a truck that did not drive like a truck, and the Ridge is that truck. I LOVE MY TRUCK...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would still be driving my '02 Tahoe Z71. A great truck, got 80,000+ trouble free miles out of it with nothing more than regular maintenance.

But I was starting to get nervous as everyone around my office (construction industry, so virtually everyone) who has a Silverado, Tahoe or Yukon was going through transmissions at around 50,000 miles, having the onboard computer controllers die, having the climate control system refuse to operate, etc., etc. The Ridgeline came out just at the right time for me, and since my Tahoe was in perfect condition, I still got top dollar for it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
fins2theright said:
I can't knock the Toyotas too much. After all, if the Ridgeline didn't exist.......that's what I would be driving!:p

Hey, someone want to start a new poll? If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what brand/model pick-up would you be driving?
I was looking real hard at the Nissans, so either that or a Toyota.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dodge Ram 1500 for me

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's funny about the front end, since it caught my eye the first time, I saw it. I was in the market for a new Toyota Tacoma to replace my old and tired Toyota P/U. After the Ridgeline came out, I never looked back and love everything about it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was torn between a truck and an SUV. I don't have to haul kids around or anything, but having something that would haul large items and garden/building materials once in awhile was one of the top requirements. I also wanted something that had a little luxury, 4WD for winters, and didn't handle like a hay wagon (one of the biggest problems I had with most trucks which is where the SUV consideration came in). So, if I went truck, it would have probably been a Toy. If I went SUV, it would have been the BMW X3. But, the RL "saved" me from compromising either way - I got everything I wanted.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I was looking really hard at the Nissan offerings, especially the new Frontier. I felt that the Titan was too big for my truck needs.

The one thing that bothered me about most of the 'mid sized' quad cabs (Frontier, Taco, Dakota) is that the back seat seemed too small. The Ridgeline is the perfect vehicle for my truck needs. I can haul the kids to Lowe's and toss my purchases either in the truck or the truck bed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts