Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Ridgeline back in January. Had 11K miles when I bought it, up to 14K now.

In the last few days, I have noticed that sometimes when first starting the truck (or if I drive somewhere and it sits for a few minutes), when I shift from park into drive, the front end shakes for a few seconds, then everything is back to normal. It seems like it could be transmission-related or the AWD system. Any suggestions on things to look it? Since I'm still under warranty, I could just take it to the dealer, but afraid they wouldn't be able to reproduce it since it doesn't happen every time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
When you shift from park to drive, does the shake occur while sitting still or shortly after starting to move the vehicle?

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,073 Posts
Take it back to the dealership. Even if they can't reproduce it, they will at least be aware of the problem. If, at some point in the future, it does turn into a problem, they will be able to bring up the service records and see that you had tried to remedy the problem in the past. Any problem whatsoever that you encounter should be an immediate trip there. If you let it go because you don't think it's an issue and it turns out that it IS an issue after your warranty expires... well... you're then on the hook for it.

As far as your issue, it sort of sounds like an issue with the power steering. Are you wheels perfectly straight ahead when this happens? If they're turned in either direction, you're putting stress on the power steering pump, which could cause a variation in fluid pressure.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My '12 does this shutter every once in awhile when shifting from park to drive. If you search this forum, you will find others with this same issue. From what I have read, this is not an uncommon occurence with the Ridgelines. Still, might be something you want the dealer to checkout. You might find out something the rest of us do not know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts