Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here (preferably a G2 owner) confirm how the front license plate bracket attaches? Is it screwed in through the lower grill area or does the bumper have to be drilled?

I ask because I have a "go to" salesman for Honda's, but his dealership adds the stupid front dealer tag to every vehicle on the lot. Did it to my Accord and I ended up with holes in my bumper.

I haven't contacted him yet and probably won't for a while. Would be nice to know if this is an issue or not. If they require a drill then I'll have to get ahead of anything I purchase from this dealer, if I go with them again.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are indents in the front bumper where the screws would go to mount a front plate. They are located on the black center strip of the front bumper.
Dang, I was afraid of that. Why can't they just make a bracket that bolts inside of the vented area? My old accord did that. Who likes having holes drilled to mount a front plate???

Thank you very much for answering my question.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Ridgeline. My wife just bought me a Vietman Veterans plate for the front of my truck. It is a standard size plate but when I removed the caps on the front bumper and went to attach the plate, the holes for the screws are wider than the holes in the plate. Is there a bracket that I need to get that mounts in those screw holes first then the plate on that bracket?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.