Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put a personal license plate on the front of my 2009 Ridgeline. I discovered that the screw holes in the front bumper are several inches further apart than the standard license plate holes. Is there a special bracket available to make up for this discrepancy?

· Registered
5,700 Posts
... don't you dare! Much cheaper, even at full price dealers:

Give your local guys a call.

FYI, these come with the vehicles in Calif. (maybe because front plate is required here??)

You might just ask if the dealer has any "extras" on hand.... you could get lucky if the truck came from there. In any case, it's not likely you'll pay more than $12 for this (see item #10 above).

Also FYI, the standard spacing for licence plate here looks to be right at 7". This OEM plate has that spacing.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm in New Jersey. I have a 2010 Black RTL and had the same problem. I went to the local Honda dealer and bought the following:

Illustration # 10 - License Plate Base - 71180-SJC-A00 - $21
Illustration # 26 - 2 Tap Screws (5x20) - 93913-15520 - $1.30
Illustration # 27 - 4 Tap Screws (6x16) - 93904-46220 - $5.10
Illustration # 7 - 2 Fr. Plugs 71146-SJC-A00ZQ - *NH73 - $16.30

Tools:
Phillips # 2
1/8" drill bit for pilot holes in License Plate Base to secure the actual license plate

The install time was less than 5 minutes. Come to find out, I didn't need the Fr. Plugs because they are only needed as a finish cover for the square holes if you don't have a License Plate Base.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.