Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish Honda made front parking sensors. My old Taco had an ARB bull bar on it, I got spoiled always knowing where the front was. With the Honda I find that I am not close enough.

Just my 2-cents for an additional accessory to spend my money on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whaleya,

Maybe you modify the wireless ones the vertrkr bought for his RL, easy to install and far less money.

Whaleya said:
I wish Honda made front parking sensors. My old Taco had an ARB bull bar on it, I got spoiled always knowing where the front was. With the Honda I find that I am not close enough.

Just my 2-cents for an additional accessory to spend my money on.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Whaleya,

Maybe you modify the wireless ones the vertrkr bought for his RL, easy to install and far less money.
The only issue I see with these particular sensors is how do you activate them? I know as reverse sensors, they are activated by the reverse light. I guess you would need to install a switch or something like it to turn the front sensors on and off.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
vertrkr said:
Stay away from these. Just finished the install and they are a compelete failure.
I decided to go with the OEM back-up sensors...pricey!!! Vertrkr, I saw the sensors you mentioned using the link you provided. The price was right but I thought the install just would not look clean. Now, after hearing from your experience, I'm glad I went with the dealer installed back-up sensors.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
bongus said:
I decided to go with the OEM back-up sensors...pricey!!! Vertrkr, I saw the sensors you mentioned using the link you provided. The price was right but I thought the install just would not look clean. Now, after hearing from your experience, I'm glad I went with the dealer installed back-up sensors.
They did install just fine, very clean, they just don't work is all :) However, I'm pretty sure my control box is bad. I'm going to order another set, swap black boxes and then return it with the bad box. All might not be lost yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am used on my present Highlander a aftermarket reversing aid from Poron.

But it is a hardware from bumper to cab (for Speaker). the website is

http://www.poronusa.com/index1.htm

the price is about $149.00. So I order a new set for my RL coming in June.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
vertrkr said:
They did install just fine, very clean, they just don't work is all :) However, I'm pretty sure my control box is bad. I'm going to order another set, swap black boxes and then return it with the bad box. All might not be lost yet.
Finally got mine working. Turns out I had the wrong polarity for the power source tapping into the reverse lights. Goes against logic but on my truck the the reverse light wires are: orange=ground & green=power.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had mine installed for $775.00 by the dealer. The invoice said $600.00 labor + $390.15 parts - $245.39 adjustment + 30.24 tax =$775.00 . $1000.00 list for back up sensors is alot. But there are specific for the Ridgeline due to the tailgate. Instructions say when the tailgate is down the outside sensors work only . I have tried this and it works well . My biggest reasoning for the dealer add on is it will covered by my Hondacare warranty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The link that vertrkr provided does show an 8-sensor FRONT and rear kit as well. Not sure what activates the front sensors, but they do have a small simulation cartoon that shows the front and back working to help parallel park a car. Here's what they say about the front sensors:

"Uniquely designed alarm for obstacles ahead of the car; when the distance increases or maintains, the buzzer will keep silent."

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I'd hate to have the alarm going off in traffic on the way home after a hard day's work!

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
conchflats said:
Just had mine installed for $775.00 by the dealer. The invoice said $600.00 labor + $390.15 parts - $245.39 adjustment + 30.24 tax =$775.00 . $1000.00 list for back up sensors is alot. But there are specific for the Ridgeline due to the tailgate. Instructions say when the tailgate is down the outside sensors work only . I have tried this and it works well . My biggest reasoning for the dealer add on is it will covered by my Hondacare warranty.
In addition, with the tailgate down it factors in the extra length. At least that's what I read in the manual that came with the sensors. I agree $1k is too much for the back up sensors plus install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts