Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with all of you. Last June I had the front 2 windows tinted to match the back factory window tint. It looked great, see picture below. Well this January I went to have it inspected and (3) garages would not pass the truck because of the tint on the front 2 windows. I had to have the tint removed before they gave me a passing inspection sticker. All 3 garages said that the state of NH is cracking down on all window tint, and that any garage knowingly passing vehicles with front window tint will be fined.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
The factory window "tint" is 20% in the rear, with nothing in the front windows.

I just had my truck tinted, I put 35% over the rear windows that brought it down to about 11-12%. And I went with 20% on the front 2 with a 5% strip across the top of the windshield.

Maine laws are as black as you want on the rear windows, and 35% on the fronts, and a 6" strip on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
Before tinting, it is always smart to check the state DMV about tinting. Municipality vehicles go through an exemption process of identifying and approving for front tints in all states. Unless you live below the Mason Dixon line, tint in the front windows is always a no-no. I got tints in the rear half of my RL, but not the fronts and in NJ, its a magnet for cops to pull you over.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Could always go with a lighter percent shade of 3M Crystalline
Tint on 2 front windows. This is my plan when I get G2 Ridgeline here in DC. They use to be complete ---holes come vehicle Inspection time. They now only check for emissions. But I had my windows tinted 3 times on side doors on my car back glass was lightest stuff and has been on 17yrs. G1 Ridgeline is sisters but I use to drive it just about everyday or switch vehicles when traveling. I had the windows tinted when new 10yrs ago. That jurisdiction in Maryland were it's registered doesn't even have inspection and police don't bother you. So when ever I get G2 will put this 3M Crystalline Tint on it. It has heat rejection to keep vehicle cool better than some darker tints. I may get next to lightest whenever get G2.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I used to get dark tint on all my vehicles. Got tired of having to go through select places to get it to pass inspection.

FYI If you have illegal tint and drive through VA, ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN. They are hardcore about tint there.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Tinting in PA is quite restrictive as well. You will get fined here too if you have illegal window tint. It's a public safety issue not a personal preference issue as when a copy is walking up to your car they cannot see inside to see if you have weapons etc. Hence it's illegal.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts