Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Just got a quote for Xpel Ultimate Plus doing front, headlights, complete hood, complete front fenders, pillars, mirrors, front edge of roof and handle wells w/lifetime warranty for $1300.

Bill
Bill, is that for the DIY kit or having someone do it?
The price I got quoted for my Odyssey was around the same as yours and did not include the headlights, roof edge or pillars. everything else was included.

If I was you, I would jump on this.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Bill, is that for the DIY kit or having someone do it?
The price I got quoted for my Odyssey was around the same as yours and did not include the headlights, roof edge or pillars. everything else was included.

If I was you, I would jump on this.
That is installed with a lifetime warranty and the appointment has already been made! ?

Bill

Registered
That's the way do maximize your ROI, drive it till the wheels fall off and save your money.

I'm considering this DIY kit for $285, it only covers partial front hood:

And here's a guy that used the kit on his odyssey:

You want to wash, decontaminate, rewash, polish, before you do this. Looks like it will take a Saturday to do correctly.

Registered
Looks like you keep your vehicles long term and get the most out of them. Your last new car is 18 yrs old and by that time paint protection ( which has to be changed approx every 4-6 yrs due to yellowing ) would have come and gone.
I find the paint on my ridgeline to be very soft and marks easily. Its the new age of paint I guess, nice but no where as durable as the general paint used a few years ago. So for now I'll back off trucks on the highway and slow down on gravel roads.

Registered
I used 3M Paint Defender on my M3. It's an inexpensive spray on film that you can do at home. It was still in perfect shape 3 years later when I sold the car. I plan on doing the hood on my RL when I get time.

Registered
Taking my RTL-T in Monday to have XPEL PPF put on the full hood, bumper, fenders, and mirrors. All four door pockets being done for free.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
We just picked up the Ridgeline after having the Expel Ultimate Plus protection installed to front painted surfaces, full hood and fenders, leading edge of roof, mirrors, door handle recesses and sills. Initially it was really eye opening to see under the bright shop lights just how much "sand blasted" damage had already been done to the front with only 6,000 miles. When first looking at the installed clear bra it is almost wondrous how much the clear covering enhances the paint, bringing out it's brilliance. Now, with proper care, with the help of the clear bra, we can keep this look for at least the next decade or so.................

Bill

Registered
We just picked up the Ridgeline after having the Expel Ultimate Plus protection installed to front painted surfaces, full hood and fenders, leading edge of roof, mirrors, door handle recesses and sills. Initially it was really eye opening to see
Bill
Did they wrap the film around the edges on the hood? One of the concerns they had in the video, was seeing the edge of the film, since the pre-cut pieces do not go all the way to the edge of the paint.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
On the hood it is wrapped around the edges, on the other panels/components the film is set back a fraction of an inch. The only place the film is any where near obvious is where the rear edge runs across from the middle of the sunroof out towards the doors. As far as I am concerned with the manufacturer's 10 year warranty, and the installer telling us to return it any time, even after the warranty expires, there isn't much to worry about.

Bill

Registered
Just got a quote for Xpel Ultimate Plus doing front, headlights, complete hood, complete front fenders, pillars, mirrors, front edge of roof and handle wells w/lifetime warranty for $1300.

Bill
That must be a really good price. I was quoted 1800 for Xpel & 2000 for 3M. Does't that seem high?

Registered
I used 3M Paint Defender on my M3. It's an inexpensive spray on film that you can do at home. It was still in perfect shape 3 years later when I sold the car. I plan on doing the hood on my RL when I get time.

Did you ever put this on your RL? Would love to see some pics before & after.

Registered
Did anyone get PPF installed on the complete front from the dealer? Could you share brand & cost? Thinking of getting it done at the dealer, since local businesses are saying 2-5 days to complete. Prices were relatively high ($1800-$2000). Thank you

Registered
That is installed with a lifetime warranty and the appointment has already been made! ?

Bill
Bill, the local XPEL dealer here wants $1,800. Did you have to negotiate that price of $1300 or is that their standard price? I'm in central FL. I don't know if region has anything to do with the pricing. Thank you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Actually, I really dislike negotiating/bartering and will rarely engage in this practice, so this was the price originally quoted to us. Of course, as you alluded to, costs/prices can vary, sometimes greatly, depending on the region of which you live. With that difference in cost that you quoted, you could take that $500 to travel up here and make it into a vacation.

Bill

Registered

Bill
Bill, how far back on the pillars did they go? Did it end at the roof line or go farther back? Did your roof line end at the sunroof? Trying to get this installed & just wondering what you did.

Thank you,
Rick

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Rick, here is a picture, this is the only edge-line that is readily visible.

1590967479620.png

But, you know that you can have yours go as far back as far as you wish, actually, the whole vehicle can be done if you so desire! :)

Bill

21 - 40 of 43 Posts