Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
The incandescent bulbs in the bed lights are replaceable on all trims below the RTL-E. In the RTL-E and BE, they're brighter, whiter, non-replaceable LEDs.
Ah, interesting and good to know. My replacement LEDs are much brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The incandescent bulbs in the bed lights are replaceable on all trims below the RTL-E. In the RTL-E and BE, they're brighter, whiter, non-replaceable LEDs.
ugh. That’s what I thought. I took them out right away, and they are sealed units. I wonder if they could be replaced by lower model unsealed units.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
202 Posts
Ok, so let’s be clearer. These are the bulbs I want to replace. The ones that come on when the door is opened. NOT the ones activated by the switches.
Anyone know how to even get to those?
You can remove the cover (the white part) easily. It just prizes off. However, as others mention, you can't change the LED (they are not replaceable). If you were just looking to change the color temperature, you could just insert a gel (plastic film) between the light unit and the removeable cover. If you wanted to put in a brighter LED, you are out of luck.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
3 Posts
Ok, so let’s be clearer. These are the bulbs I want to replace. The ones that come on when the door is opened. NOT the ones activated by the switches.
Anyone know how to even get to those?
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 406694
I’ve tried reading all the replies on here but I couldn’t really find a solid answer.

so can you replace the bulbs in which you circled in the picture?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’ve tried reading all the replies on here but I couldn’t really find a solid answer.

so can you replace the bulbs in which you circled in the picture?
I really, really wish I could, but it seems I can't. If I could get the cover off to take a look at the bulbs, I'd know for sure, but I don't even know how to get to the bulbs, and I don't want to damage the panel trying to get to them. It's kind of a bummer.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
202 Posts
I’ve tried reading all the replies on here but I couldn’t really find a solid answer. so can you replace the bulbs in which you circled in the picture?
These were the replies you read. Answer is still No.

The front blue ambient and white dome/map lights are LED and are not replaceable bulbs.
MtMan is correct.
You can’t change those bulbs. They ARE already LED and are soldered in.
As others mention, you can't change the LEDs (they are not replaceable).

·
Registered
2019 RTL
202 Posts
If I could get the cover off to take a look at the bulbs, I'd know for sure, but I don't even know how to get to the bulbs, and I don't want to damage the panel trying to get to them. It's kind of a bummer.
I already responded to you on this. You can easily remove the white cover you see in the picture (the one with the two lenses). It just pries off (use a trim tool). Then you can see for yourself the LEDs are not replaceable.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts