Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi folks... just wanted to add my accolades for chris's extender kit...
i just installed kits on both driver and passenger sides and it has made all the difference in the world in terms of the added legroom. i'm no giant, but i am about 5' 10" and 250 pounds ( a bit on plump side... oh well ). the extenders have eliminated the one issue that might have been a deal breaker when i bought my RL. this is a great addition for anyone seeking the added legroom. the material is great quality and chris is great to work with. my ridge is now more than comfortable for both short and long drives. the extenders got rid of that feeling like i was sitting in a chair instead of a vehicle...

thanks again, chris...

ron g..

hi folks...

i haven't checked in for awhile, but i wanted to put in kudos for chris' seat extender kits...

i've now had these installed for about 1 year, now, and have had absolutely no problems with them. i installed extenders on both drive and passenger sides ( for symmetry ). i've gained a little weight, unfortunately, and am now about 265... the extender kits handle my weight with absolutely no flex, and everything remains tight as a drum as bolted in...

this was probably the best little add-on i have done for my ridgeline, as it adds just the right amount of legroom to make an otherwise uncomfortable seating position very comfortable.

kudos chris !!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one of these kits for sale. (drivers side only). It was installed for 2 days in my 2011 EX-L. Short story is that it didn't work for me but it is perfect shape. This will be a good deal for any Canadians because you can avoid heavy shipping charges.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you guys want to save the cash, you could always just remove the front seat all together and drive from the back like Hightower on Police Academy....

Honestly though, I am 6'3 220 and have never had any real problems. Does this really make a big difference?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Re: Front Seat Track Extender, continued

Having had one of these kits installed in my 2011 Ridgeline made some difference in the leg room. Packed in a circular plastic container 9Handy for holding nuts and bolts from other projects) the installation was less than 30 minutes.

It has been a year, and the installation was good however as with any and all vehicles my legs are way too long and my torso way too big. At six foot eight tall and well over 400 pounds, things just don't fit. Motor vehicles, clcothes, doorways, you get the idea.

The biggest complaint is my left knee strikes the push button switch for the rear cargo lights, best keep an eye on that little green light on the dash console.

Have maybe contemplated modifying the kit to enable the seat to go back even farther. Have a pair of ham radios under the front seat so don't want to interfere with them (The control heads are up front). The rear seats are lifted too often to even place the amateur radios there. Mind do like the wine rack holder created by the lip that holds the front of the rear seats in place, great for one or two litre bottles of plonk as needed.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
We need to find someone who lives/works near Santa Fe Springs, CA. It is east of Los Angeles, about 80 miles one way from where I live. I'm emailing them to see how long they would need it. Since I now take call once a month for a week at a time, I may be able to get them to at least review the vehicle.

Thoughts.

http://extendmyseat.com/

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
We need to find someone who lives/works near Santa Fe Springs, CA. It is east of Los Angeles, about 80 miles one way from where I live. I'm emailing them to see how long they would need it. Since I now take call once a month for a week at a time, I may be able to get them to at least review the vehicle.

Thoughts.

http://extendmyseat.com/
I don't know how the CRV compares to the Ridgeline in way of seat attachment, but for $299, it seems pretty pricy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My name is Chris and I make and sell the seatbase extension kits. Unfortunately, I need to raise my price to $75/kit which includes shipping. The price of the components and shipping have increased over the past several years.

I may be rached at [email protected] with any questons or to order a kit.

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
186 Posts
My name is Chris and I make and sell the seatbase extension kits. Unfortunately, I need to raise my price to $75/kit which includes shipping. The price of the components and shipping have increased over the past several years.

I may be rached at [email protected] with any questons or to order a kit.

Thank you,
Chris

Is the kit for both sides?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I suppose I should get a set someday as well. Bugs me that I didn't do it before the price increase. I wonder if it's worth bothering since I've already been driving the truck without them for 8 years.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have one of his kits I put on and didn't like, its still packaged in the same box it came in if anyone is interested. $50 plus shipping just pm me. I'm 6'3 and 240 lbs, didn't like that it raised the seat a little while it did move it back an extra 3/4" if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of his kits I put on and didn't like, its still packaged in the same box it came in if anyone is interested. $50 plus shipping just pm me. I'm 6'3 and 240 lbs, didn't like that it raised the seat a little while it did move it back an extra 3/4" if I remember correctly.
still have this kit for sale?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts