Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at one point during the drive home the "object approaching" warning and constant audio alert was going off and there was nothing around me. There were heavy snow flurries at the time. As soon as the traffic light changed and the truck reached 11-12 MPH the alert went off. Then it repeated at each traffic light and stop sign. Initially it was just the left front, then the right front joined in.

If I put the gear shift in Park it stopped but would return each time it was in any other position. When I got home I looked and there was slush built up on the sensor, only a very thin layer but when I wiped that off it stopped giving the false alerts.

I'm glad I found the cause and it wasn't a failure of some sort. But this could get annoying. Is there an override for those sensors that can be turned off it snow and slushy weather conditions?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yesterday at one point during the drive home the "object approaching" warning and constant audio alert was going off and there was nothing around me. There were heavy snow flurries at the time. As soon as the traffic light changed and the truck reached 11-12 MPH the alert went off. Then it repeated at each traffic light and stop sign. Initially it was just the left front, then the right front joined in.

If I put the gear shift in Park it stopped but would return each time it was in any other position. When I got home I looked and there was slush built up on the sensor, only a very thin layer but when I wiped that off it stopped giving the false alerts.

I'm glad I found the cause and it wasn't a failure of some sort. But this could get annoying. Is there an override for those sensors that can be turned off it snow and slushy weather conditions?
Yes, there is a button at the extreme bottom left of the dash next to your left knee. I had a Ram 1500 and a Dodge Durango before my Ridgeline. Both of those vehicles also had issues with the parking sensors in snow and slush. At least with those vehicles I could turn off the front sensors while leaving the rears on. The RL doesn't give you that option.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Yes, there is a button at the extreme bottom left of the dash next to your left knee. I had a Ram 1500 and a Dodge Durango before my Ridgeline. Both of those vehicles also had issues with the parking sensors in snow and slush. At least with those vehicles I could turn off the front sensors while leaving the rears on. The RL doesn't give you that option.
I'm baffled why we have to turn them off at all, anytime. 4 of my past vehicles had this option and each one.
* The sensors engaged when you put in reverse
* Then shut off when you reached above 2 to 5mph
* The Audi has button where you can engage or disengage at will along with the above

That meant, no falsing, no drive-through alarming and all was good. As my signature link shows, I've had these start screaming at highway speed. Why in the world should they even be active at that point? Just weird.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Had a similar issue this week. We were in light mist/rain with the OAT 31F and the warning would kick in at every stop light... When we parked, I found the front bumper covered in rime ice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts