Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
310hp, 281 lb ft torque - impressive, but 9.43 0-60 isn't great, and 1352 payload is a little light vs. our beloved Ridgeline.
Keep in mind that 0-60 time is a mile above sea level. At sea level, it's probably closer to 7 seconds.

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
Good point about the altitude, but is that worth more than 2 seconds?
TFL measured a 2020 Ridgeline at 8.88 seconds at a mile above sea level.
Car and Driver measured a 2019 Ridgeline at 6.9 seconds corrected to sea level.

There are no direct 2019-to-2020 Ridgeline acceleration tests yet to measure any differences between the 6-speed and 9-speed, but I assure you they are fractional at best.

·
Registered
753 Posts
TFL measured a 2020 Ridgeline at 8.88 seconds at a mile above sea level.
Car and Driver measured a 2019 Ridgeline at 6.9 seconds corrected to sea level.

There are no direct 2019-to-2020 Ridgeline acceleration tests yet to measure any differences between the 6-speed and 9-speed, but I assure you they are fractional at best.
Thanks for the info!!

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
It's funny how most manufacturers are going for more gears to add better gas mileage and in the case of Honda the 9 speed gains nothing and maybe looses a simidgen. That 6 speed must have been tuned well to achieve that.

Steve

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
It's funny how most manufacturers are going for more gears to add better gas mileage and in the case of Honda the 9 speed gains nothing and maybe looses a simidgen. That 6 speed must have been tuned well to achieve that.

Steve
Agreed. I can only guess that the ZF9 is either cheaper, or more robust, or both. I suspect the ZF9 would do better than the AT6 if you were on one of the 80mph interstates and no wind or a tailwind. For the 60mph-70mph roads that are more ubiquitous, the AT6 may have the advantage.

The ZF9 does have an edge in City MPG. I would have rather seen Honda give us a hybrid to improve City MPG. I would happily give up 1500lbs towing capacity to have a hybrid.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts