Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I just sold my Ridge and had put the stock grille back on it prior to the sale. So, if anybody is interested I have the accessory Honda grille I purchased a year ago for around $235, which I'm willing to let go for $150 shipped.

This will fit on 2006-08 Ridgelines. The "H" logo from your stock grille comes off with 2 screws and will screw directly on to the new accessory grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
SOB...I just missed on of these on eBay yesterday and now I am 20 minutes late on this one...! :act018:

Anyway, if 30152 doesn't take it, I will.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Son of a....been looking too.

Oh wait. I thought they were more. Heck, I'll just get a new one.

I mean that's a great deal but you'll look for months to find one.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Son of a....been looking too.

Oh wait. I thought they were more. Heck, I'll just get a new one.

I mean that's a great deal but you'll look for months to find one.
Yeah, you can get them off eBay for around $200 + shipping new...but I am always looking for a deal. This is a "nice to have", that I have been wanting for a while, but I just couldn't see spending $200 on one.

As they say, "Good things come to those who wait". Well, I think I've waited long enough, dang it...! :act024:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD to cdepuydt, pleasure doing business with you. Will ship tomorrow. I had forgotten how much better the Ridge looks with it until I put the original one back on last night.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
SOLD to cdepuydt, pleasure doing business with you. Will ship tomorrow. I had forgotten how much better the Ridge looks with it until I put the original one back on last night.
Cool beans. Thanks. Any hints/tips on installation? Sounds like you've done it a few times and probably have it down pat by now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool beans. Thanks. Any hints/tips on installation? Sounds like you've done it a few times and probably have it down pat by now.
Here is a link to the Honda instructions: http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/HondaInstallGuides/2006_ridgeline/ridgeline_front_grille.pdf

I found that you can get away from having to take the entire bumper off though by just removing the 7 black clips under the hood and the 2 self tapping screws which are in the tire wells. Make sure to put some masking tape on the metal of your fenders where it meets the plastic of the bumper because the bumper will scratch your paint when you mess with the bumper.

Once the clips and 2 screws are out, you can unsnap the top of the bumper by the fenders and head lights and have it hang forward to give you enough room to get between the grille and the radiator. Use a small Phillips screw driver and remove the 9 self tapping screws which secure the grille, then push the grille outward to remove.

Once the stock grille is removed you can remove the 2 screws holding the "H" off your stock grille and install it to the accessory grille. Put the grille on the truck and secure it to the bumper with the 9 self tapping screws and pop the bumper back on and you're good.

If you have experience with removing Honda bumpers you should be able to do this in about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
OK, thanks. Yeah, I removed the bumper when I installed my fog lights, so this should not be too bad at all.

I might be installing a new radiator here shortly, as preventive measure, so I will probably install the new grill at the same time.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Got the grill yesterday. Looks great and can't wait to get it on my truck. Nice doing business w/you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts