Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang.... 'just moved this over from "Trading Post"... wasn't sure where to put it.

'Was visiting our son yesterday, and his neighbor asked if I knew anyone wanting to buy his RL. Be advised he has not yet listed it anywhere, so you can get first shot if you're interested. He's in Hemet, California, and I can tell you the truck looks great. It has the scuffs you'd expect in the bed of a 2006, and the sides of the front leather seats are beat down a bit.... again pretty normal for 2006 (not worn thru or anything... just the "squashed-bolster" syndrome. Only paint issues are on high-center brake-light plastic roof panel... some blistering there.... not unusual.
Anyway, I'll put a couple of pics here, and if you are interested in a good looking 2006, he's only looking for $10,200. I'm thinking that's a pretty good price, but don't really know myself. He's an older gent, who pulls an 18' trailer for him & his wife to go camping locally, etc. He's moving up to Dodge 1500 diesel, so he can improve his fuel consumption (says he gets about 10mpg towing with RL). Other than the fuel economy he really loves the RL, but wants to spend less on fuel (I know he'll have to go through a lot of fuel before he breaks even on the higher purchase price of that diesel Dodge!!).
So, if you're interested, reply here & I'll let him know there's interest, and he can sign-on to answer any questions about his truck. If anyone is really interested, but lives far away & wants more specifics.... I can help get an objective assessment if you like.

Summarizing: 2006 Red RTL, 120K miles, all stock except hitch, brake controller, and aftermarket 17" alloy wheels. Near new tires & battery. Complete TB/WP service was been performed @ 105K miles. Asking $10,200.

(sorry for the focus problem.... was using thumb to block his license # since I wasn't sure if he wanted that public) :(

·
Registered
579 Posts
makes me miss my old red ridge. Just as a point of comparison, I traded my 06 RTL (no sunroof though or fancy rims, but it had a tonneau) for $10K in '12 on a used 2010 RTL. It HAD been in a collision and repaired very nicely I'd say, so that of course weighed a bit in the equation. Mileage was similar. So maybe $10K 3 years later could be a tad high. Not sure what blue book says.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
makes me miss my old red ridge. Just as a point of comparison, I traded my 06 RTL (no sunroof though or fancy rims, but it had a tonneau) for $10K in '12 on a used 2010 RTL. It HAD been in a collision and repaired very nicely I'd say, so that of course weighed a bit in the equation. Mileage was similar. So maybe $10K 3 years later could be a tad high. Not sure what blue book says.
Just looked up KBB; it shows about $11K -$11.5K private party sale value for this truck with this many miles. (good to very good condition)
Trade in values are completely different, and vary by dealer, and the kind of pricing you're getting on your replacement vehicle, etc. KBB shows only $8.3-$10K (average $8.8K) for dealer trade-in value (you get hosed unless they offset with sell price of car you're buying.... remember they need to make profits!).

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: FS: 2006 RedRockPearl RTL Sunroof, 120Kmiles, $10,200. --- SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD ............ THAT WAS FAST........... 'GOT WORD YESTERDAY THAT IT SOLD THE FIRST DAY THAT HE LISTED IT.

Somebody new's going to enjoy the Ridgeline life. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Still cannot understand why they got rid of the red and green colors. Two sharp looking colors on the RL. At least they did not replace with the Sh** brown like I see on Toyota Venzas

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,078 Posts
Have to agree. Redrock Pearl was one of the best colors on the RL and it was only available for ONE year. There's a well-kept RRP RTL that I've seen in my area at some of the local home improvement stores and it catches my eye every time I see it. It looks a lot like this one except it has running boards, a roof rack, window guards and a tonneau cover and doesn't have the aftermarket wheels. I have yet to see the guy (or gal) who owns it, but I'd love to hear of their experience with their truck. They've obviously kept it in great condition for nearly ten years now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts