Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New no miles, dealer swapped wheels before delivery. Gray painted, center caps and each boxed. Local PU in Phoenix area or can ship $425 plus shipping if shipped. Willing to consider offers.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,331 Posts
@Bob259, might want to seriously consider that price.

Best of Luck with your sale

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Really? Show me one. I’ll purchase now
All sold out! Maybe a unique situation but I purchased a new/like new RTL-E wheel for a spare on the ROC Trading Post for $50 shipped. So the deals are out there. Hubcap Haven offers 2020 wheels for $230 shipped (BE wheels for $194 shipped).

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
605 Posts
300 bucks for 4 OEM wheels, just some of many examples:

700 bucks practically new OEM wheels with tires

·
Super Moderator
5,449 Posts
The 2017-2019 wheels will be less expensive than the brand new 2020's, even though they are the same design.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The 2017-2019 wheels will be less expensive than the brand new 2020's, even though they are the same design.
Will be? Should be? Are? Please explain why the same wheel "will be" less expensive, and if it isn't the free market that decides the worth, then what is it?

·
Super Moderator
5,449 Posts
Will be? Should be? Are? Please explain why the same wheel "will be" less expensive, and if it isn't the free market that decides the worth, then what is it?
The free market absolutely decides the value and it only takes one buyer to make a deal. The new 2020 wheels have much lower availability than the 4 calendar years of the first G2 wheels. I don't think anyone is complaining about the price the OP wants for the wheels, they want him to be able to get them sold.

I personally purchased a nearly new set of 2017 RTL-E wheels for $200, which is considerably less than I paid for new set of 2020 RTL- E wheels.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The free market absolutely decides the value and it only takes one buyer to make a deal. The new 2020 wheels have much lower availability than the 4 calendar years of the first G2 wheels. I don't think anyone is complaining about the price the OP wants for the wheels, they want him to be able to get them sold.

I personally purchased a nearly new set of 2017 RTL-E wheels for $200, which is considerably less than I paid for new set of 2020 RTL- E wheels.
I guess what I was getting at is that being newer doesn't necessarily make them better or more desirable, but I take your point that scarcity does drive up the price. Personally I don't like the gray painted wheels, although some people might, and some people might want them just because they come on the new RTL-E, and so they mean "higher trim level" to some people.
I am not rooting for or against the seller btw. I hope both he and the eventual buyer get what they feel is a satisfactory deal.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL
5 Posts
If only you lived in NJ... I wont do the shipping thing. This is the wheel I want, and the price is fine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts