Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my Black Edition. One owner, 30,500 miles. Always dealer serviced. In fact, last week I spent over $900 on the 30k service and had them inspect and clean the injectors. Nothing wrong with this truck other than the typical stone chips you would see on a 3 1/2 year old truck. I would consider trading for the right sports car. Truck is located near St. Louis, MO and I'm asking $31,000 obo.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, somebody make an offer. This is a very, very clean truck. Always babied. Save a bunch over buying new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live about 5 hours NW of STL, but I have been looking for a Ridgeline for a couple of weeks now and everything in my area is from a dealer (which is higher pricing, but I could trade-in my van). Logistics would be complicated, and before I sound too interested, how firm are you on this price? Looks like KBB private party starts around $28k. That's where I was hoping to be. You don't plan on visiting the KC area any time soon? 😃

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be riding through KC on my motorcycle Saturday actually. Not that that helps you. I'm not worried about getting the vehicle to you. We could work that out I'm sure. I've sold lots of vehicles to people as far as CA, and it's never been a problem. I am flexible on the price, but I think 28 is too low for this truck in the condition it's in, and having the 30k service done. How about you PM me if you want to talk some more.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,169 Posts
No, the 3 year ended. No extended warranty. Not sure what Honda Care VSC is.
Honda Care VSC is an extended warranty for up to 8yrs and 120k miles

·
Super Moderator
5,485 Posts
@Ridgelinerinmo, is any of the 3-year warranty left or do you have Honda Care VSC on the vehicle?
That would have been a great option in this case - transferring the extended warranty to a private buyer. It would have been good insurance against those pesky fuel injectors.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The warranty would have cost more than the repair had I needed it. Also, my tech assured me injectors would be covered under the power train warranty still in effect. Also, to any prospective buyer, I just paid Honda to inspect and clean the injectors as a preventative measure. BTW, If anyone wants a 2018 CRV with 20k miles, I'd sell my wife's car and keep the RL. :)

·
Administrator
15,248 Posts
Also, my tech assured me injectors would be covered under the power train warranty still in effect.
Your tech needs some retraining. :) Honda's 5/60 Powertrain Limited Warranty does not cover the fuel injectors.

Covered engine components include: "Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing gears and gaskets, timing chain/belt and cover, flywheel, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, intake and exhaust manifolds, engine mounts, engine/powertrain control module, water pump, fuel pump, seals and gaskets."

The fuel injectors are covered by the following:
  • 2/24 Federal Emissions Warranty
  • 3/36 New Vehicle Limited Warranty
  • 7/70 California Emissions Warranty in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington
  • Honda Care Vehicle Service Contract for up to 8/120
  • Some third party service contracts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump, I've been offered $25k, $27k, $27,500, and $28k. Seriously thinking about trading her in at this point. I am willing to be flexible on the price if someone is ready to buy a beautiful Black Edition in excellent condition.

·
Administrator
15,248 Posts
Bump, I've been offered $25k, $27k, $27,500, and $28k. Seriously thinking about trading her in at this point. I am willing to be flexible on the price if someone is ready to buy a beautiful Black Edition in excellent condition.
That's what I would do - you don't have to bother with advertising, waiting, offering test drives, meeting the buyer at a bank, or continuing to pay for a vehicle that you no longer need or want. Plus, you'll save over $1,000 on sales tax.

What would you trade for?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would trade for some kind of sporty car, maybe a convertible. I've always wanted a Bullitt Mustang too, so maybe one of those. Curious how trading would save me over $1000 on sales tax?

·
Administrator
15,248 Posts
I would trade for some kind of sporty car, maybe a convertible. I've always wanted a Bullitt Mustang too, so maybe one of those. Curious how trading would save me over $1000 on sales tax?
Because you only pay sales tax on the difference between the purchase and trade.

Example:

Trade the Ridgeline for a Mustang

$48,000 Mustang
-28,000 Ridgeline
=20,000 difference
+845 (4.225% MO sales tax on the difference)
=20,845

Sell the Ridgeline and buy a Mustang

$48,000 Mustang
+2,028 (4.225% MO sales tax on the purchase)
=50,028

You'd have to sell the Ridgeline for $1,183 more than a dealer would give you to come out ahead in this example.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because you only pay sales tax on the difference between the purchase and trade.

Example:

Trade the Ridgeline for a Mustang

$48,000 Mustang
-28,000 Ridgeline
=20,000 difference
+845 (4.225% MO sales tax on the difference)
=20,845

Sell the Ridgeline and buy a Mustang

$48,000 Mustang
+2,028 (4.225% MO sales tax on the purchase)
=50,028

You'd have to sell the Ridgeline for $1,183 more than a dealer would give you to come out ahead in this example.
Gotcha, yes, but even if I didn't trade, and sold it later for the same $28,000, I believe I can submit to the state of MO for a refund. There may be a time limit on that, but can't remember. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it anyway, but I really don't need 3 vehicles and a motorcycle. Truthfully, I'd rather sell my Wife's CRV, and keep the Ridgeline. Decisions, decisions. LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.