Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had my fuel cap warning going off now for a couple of weeks, and finally made an appointment to clear it. I tried holding the reset down on the dash but that did not seem to have and affect.

The Service department could not get rid of it either. They reported to me that the computer did not have a code reporting any problem so it could not be cleared. He told my wife to bring the truck back in a week, if it did not go away.

Sorry for starting the same thread but after reading the other fuel cap warning thread it looks like some had the engine light on and others did not.

Also I was told by the service man that reset works only for maintenance items. Not sure going to have to break down and buy the books.

Will let you know how it works out

Steel blue NH.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My "check fuel cap" message was only temporarily stopped by pushing the reset. It came back the next time the engine was started. It migrated to the engine icon after 4-5 weeks. From the description you gave, looks like there may be different issues. Good Luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow four to five weeks to make it to the engine light. Maybe it is just time of night but that sounds funny.
I don't think any thing is wrong but as an engineer I am interested in the solution to the warning system.
I also like to understand how some people seem to "reset" but I dont have any effect. I hold the reset down about 5 to 10 seconds.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel Cap Warning light.

Brought my ridge in for oil service, warning message still telling me to check the cap.

Service manager seem to tell me they cleared it with a scan tool. Ask him if they updated the firmware on the tool and he did not seem to know.

Not sure if tech's could not figure it out, hope it was a firmware upgrade on the scan tool, and not confusion with the tool.

looks like I will not find out for us.

sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts