Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I love my new 2019 RTL AWD.

I have 200 miles on it. My problem is the computer says I’m only averaging 13.5 mpg. I am not an aggressive driver and I am not gunning it around town. I took it out for a 30 mile trip on the freeway and kept it between 65-70 and still 13.5 mpg.

I don’t smell a brake smell like they are sticking or something. I have an appointment with the dealer on Friday to get body moldings on and will bring it up then. Any ideas?? I get there may be a break in period but not this bad?? Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Its averaging all of your miles on that tank. So if most of its city driving, a hwy trip won't make much of a difference. Start with a full tank and try the hwy trip again.

Honda's mpg display is about useless. It over states the mileage 7%, just creates miss information. Best to put a piece of black tape over the display, and calculate by hand, you will get the most accurate representation of your mileage that way.

Plus the truck is not even broke in yet.

Reactions: DOB

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 2018 Sport AWD also shows around 13 to 14 mpg if I fill it up and only make very short trips around town. Taking it out for a 30 mile drive is not going to do much at all for the mileage shown as like said above it is averaging all the mileage. Try putting more highway miles on it and you will see a difference.
I average barely over 19 mpg day in and day out in town and light highway driving. I will get around 24 mpg average on interstate and in town driving. I also agree with you need to run through a few tanks of gas before worrying.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Check your tire pressure, especially if the temperature has dropped. Losing a couple of psi off your tires can hit your fuel economy by increasing rolling resistance.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I’m not overly concerned with the 18mpg I receive in 95% city driving, my 06 Frontier got around 13-15 with more highway driving than I do since retiring.
I’ve only driven 4K miles in 7 months so it’s no big deal for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts