Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ridgeline Owners !!

I just traded in my Ridgeline for the new 2016 Pilot !!! Great vehicle . . .
You are probably asking yourself why I did this ???
I had a 2006 with 233,000 miles on it. Mechanically sound with no major problems except one !!!
There is an overlap seam on the inner fender inside the fuel filler and no visible weep holes . . . so water had been collecting there.
I noticed the rust starting about a year ago. It just started to bubble on the out side . . . I got an estimate to repair the
problem . . . $ 3-4,000.00. And no guarantee it would not start up again.
So please spray and dry out this area as much as possible.
I live in Ohio . . . and travel on the interstate a lot. So salt I am sure was a major factor !!!
Can't wait to see what the 2017 Ridgeline or redesigned pickup will really look like !!!

dant601

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,344 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. So far my 06 Mid Atlantic Ridge's body is pretty much rust free. . .

Why don't you post your experiences (as you have them) with the new Pilot in the next generation Ridgeline section as its own thread? The kinship between the new Pilot and the new Ridge will be very strong so it will be interesting to hear about the ownership experience. We all want to know about how it drives, real world gas mileage, fit and finish etc etc. So far there are only reports from those who have test driven. . . .Enjoy your new Pilot!

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can pull bed inner panels easily to get to inside of fuel filler and other inner panels -then you can check for rust starting and treat it before it gets too bad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I cleaned it and sprayed some rust inhibitor and a rattle can of white tremclad. Total cost $15. I'll keep doing it until I get rid of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts