301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline AWD RTL-T
95 Posts

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
I guess it's a matter of time before this happens to mine also? If I'm understanding this correctly, just about every single Ridgeline that came off the assembly line in those years will have this issue.
Not necessarily - it simply means that all 2017-2018 and some 2019 Ridgelines may experience the issue - it doesn't meant that they all will.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
67 Posts
My emissions problem light came on and I took it to Stockton 12 Honda in Salt Lake. They said it was faulty fuel injectors. They are not blocked but allowing too much gas into the system causing excess emissions. My vehicle is a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-T with 45,000 miles. I have a long commute to work. Anyway, they want $1,500 to replace the injectors and associated equipment. I have used "Ethanol clear gas since purchasing the vehicle. The service rep said it is been a common problem for Ridgelines and Pilots with high miles in a short period of time.
Honda replaced all six injectors on my 2018 RTL at 20,000 miles, just before I traded for a 2020.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL, 2019 Pilot EX-L
49 Posts
I bet that a loyal user of the service department had a lot to do with Honda granting approval. It shouldn't be that way. A manufacturer should stand behind it's defects or defects of it's suppliers. This all adds to the shady dealership experiences I've had. Fixing an issue under goodwill or warranty almost always poses dealer resistance from my local dealer. It's usually a return visit or an unpleasant exchange with a clueless service advisor. I also learned that Honda care only covers failed parts, not improperly installed parts that require replacement.
Most manufactures are that way, if you bought the vehicle used they don't consider you a Honda customer, you are a used car dealer customer. You buy it new from a dealer and get all of your service work done there, you are a loyal valuable customer and they expect you will come back and buy another vehicle from them. The dealer can swing a factory rep to cover a problem if they want in most cases.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked my 2017 Ridgeline up from the dealer yesterday, P219B of course. They ordered the injectors last week, it took about 3 hours to change them. Fortunately I bought a service warranty so it only cost me $100.00. The dealer even let me drive a rental for the time it was being worked on. The Ridgeline has 47,245 miles on it. Best advice on these Hondas seem to be buy the extended warranty. We had a 2013 Civic and a 2012 Pilot and had NO problems with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My emissions problem light came on and I took it to Stockton 12 Honda in Salt Lake. They said it was faulty fuel injectors. They are not blocked but allowing too much gas into the system causing excess emissions. My vehicle is a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-T with 45,000 miles. I have a long commute to work. Anyway, they want $1,500 to replace the injectors and associated equipment. I have used "Ethanol clear gas since purchasing the vehicle. The service rep said it is been a common problem for Ridgelines and Pilots with high miles in a short period of time.
It must be a thing with this year, we recently purchased a 2017 Ridgeline with 56,000 miles and we are now at 58 and my emissions light came on and my remote start stopped working. They’re having to replace fuel injection and the push start. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty with easycare and only have to pay a $100 deductible. But I feel like if it’s that common of an issue they should have recalled the fuel injection system,

·
Registered
49 Posts
It must be a thing with this year, we recently purchased a 2017 Ridgeline with 56,000 miles and we are now at 58 and my emissions light came on and my remote start stopped working. They’re having to replace fuel injection and the push start. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty with easycare and only have to pay a $100 deductible. But I feel like if it’s that common of an issue they should have recalled the fuel injection system,
I can't believe they have not issued an extended coverage bulletin or a complete recall for these. Our 2005 T-Bird had injector problems also, so Ford extended the warranty coverage to 60,000 miles. I guess Honda thinks people will continue to buy their products regardless but I may have to look at Toyotas in the future.

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
I can't believe they have not issued an extended coverage bulletin or a complete recall for these. Our 2005 T-Bird had injector problems also, so Ford extended the warranty coverage to 60,000 miles. I guess Honda thinks people will continue to buy their products regardless but I may have to look at Toyotas in the future.
Honda did extend coverage to 10 years or 150,000 miles, but only for 2016 Pilots even though other years and models are also affected.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In January 2020 I purchased a used 2018 Ridgeline RTL-E with 4K miles on clock and wonder if my injectors will go bad. I now have 12.5K on the clock and do I need to purchase an extended warrant to cover cost of replacement? Still under factory warranty until March 2021. Buy before warranty expires?

MLogan
Smyrna, TN

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
In January 2020 I purchased a used 2018 Ridgeline RTL-E with 4K miles on clock and wonder if my injectors will go bad. I now have 12.5K on the clock and do I need to purchase an extended warrant to cover cost of replacement? Still under factory warranty until March 2021. Buy before warranty expires?

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
The injectors are covered for 3/36 except in the 13 "California emissions states" where they're covered for 7/70.

If you purchased a "Certified Pre-Owned" Ridgeline, then they're covered for at least 4/48.

Injector replacement can cost up to $1,500.

An 8/120 warranty which will cover the injectors will cost about $1,300.

The injectors in "all" 2017-2019 Ridgelines probably won't fail early, but "many" of them have and will. "Many" is more than "some" or "a few".

"Some" injector failures have been covered in full or in part for up to 8/80, but that's been on a case-by-case basis and isn't guaranteed.

That's really about all the facts we have to help you decide.

·
Registered
334 Posts
How will that effect people if at all that paid out of pocket to have them changed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a service coming up at 77k for A16 and while out shopping my little engine light came on and a note was display “emissions problem detected” or that is what my min now remembers.

After exiting the vehicle and pressing the remote lock, that would not work either. Anyway that was on Monday. Today is Wednesday when I took the vehicle in. The “check engine light” was gone and my locks were working properly.
I told the service manager about the issues and a tech checked and one or more of my injectors are bad. They are replacing at no cost as they said it was a known issue and Honda was footing the bill.
The service manager here quoted $1.3k for the work though as I asked how much it would have cost.
Just and FYI I guess. So 77K miles, bought in June of 16...no other real issues other than a glitch with the head unit not booting properly every once and awhile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a FYI, I just spoke with my local dealer about my truck having some hesitation when accelerating, Honda has extended the warranty of the fuel injectors for 150,000 miles or 10 years from date purchase, which ever comes first. My truck has hesitation/surges when accelerating. Scheduled to be checked out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 RTL-E (purchased new), now with 35K miles, displayed the Emission System message Wednesday on the way home from work, however no effect on driving. Disappeared the next day, but I felt I better get it checked out. Took it in today, Saturday, to my Honda dealer (Ocean Honda, Port Richey, FL). They replaced the fuel injectors and gave me a loaner all free of charge. Took 3.5 hours. Only question I have is on the service invoice it lists the injector kit part number as 06160-RLV-305. Can anyone confirm this is the correct/latest kit?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: Injectors Replacement!!

Several Ridgeline and Pilot owners have reported codes P219A and P0430/P0420 requiring injector and fuel rail replacement.

"Emissions System Problem" due to injector failure

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com...es-tsb-s/206986-emissions-system-problem.html

Misfire cylinder 5

Your new vehicle limited warranty ended at 36,000 miles. I think it's quite generous for Honda to offer to pay 80% of your repair after the warranty has expired even if this was due to a manufacturing/assembly error and especially if it was due to contaminated fuel!
I had this issue, and it was covered under the original warranty.

Interestingly, today I received a letter from Honda stating they would cover this repair code for 10 years, and that anyone who paid for repairs might be eligible for a refund. It's worth checking into for those out the cash.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts