Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine seemed to tighten up so the drain spout is facing the motor. I added a couple copper washers (couldn't find fiber washers similar to those that came with the kit at the local auto parts store) so I was able to have the drain port face down. I have a slow leak at what seems to be the washers. Anyone have the same issue with the spout not lining up after tightening the Fumoto up? How did you solve it? Do you think my use of washers made of different materials is causing the slow leak?

I wish I just stuck with my old drain plug as it never leaked on me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they offered to exchange my valve for the 106SX. I was afraid getting this more complex valve was asking for additional issues. I might reconsider now. I guess you don't need the extension as the nipple portion does not have to turn (and hit the oil pan.)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Been using my Fumoto now for over 275,000 miles. Garage floor is clean and it means that petcock has been opened and closed 55 times. Glad I threw the drain plug and crush washer away years ago.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,422 Posts
I recommend the 106SX. Left image is of my G1 and the right is my Odyssey (Similar to the G2 Ridgeline, G3 Pilot, G2 Passport, etc).

<< Click to Enlarge >>

I do not have the adapter, as you do not need one.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts