Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I took my RT-L off road on a deep sandy trail that's a nightmare for many. The Ridgeline handled it with ease. In deep sandy parts, traction control kicked on briefly and shut off when not needed. VTM-4 lock was not needed at all, but it was nice knowing it was there. It's always nice to have a plan B. I've been on this trail in a full size Chevy truck 4x4 which also performs well on it, but the ride on the Ridgeline was so much better. The Chevy throws the passenger around requiring the passenger to use the hand holds to keep your head from bashing the glass. The Ridgeline was very much smoother (handholds not even close to being required, and passengers carried on conversation without interruption, screams or grunts) I was tempted to floor it like the commercial, and see if I could catch some air, but my senses got the better of me. This truck is fun, fun, fun. I really feel this truck could handle most anything. I'm just not sure how far I want to push my new baby. All the people there loved it, and the steel/blue color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am picking up my ridgeline on Saturday, April 9th.
I bought it because it because I think it will be ideal for my family's active lifestyle. We will be hauling dirtbikes, mountain bikes, kyacks, etc.
The main reason we bought it is to take it oversand at the Cape Cod National Seashore. Our current permit is for Nausett Beach between Orleans and Chatham.
I have been taking my '99 C-RV out on the beach but have had problems later in the summer with ground clearance when the ruts get deep. I don't expect this to be a problem with the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Floor it! Get some air! And be sure and send us some pix :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts