Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really curious if any members own a FWD drive yet? Would like to start hearing mpg and other aspects of them since everything posted has been awd's so far.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Really curious if any members own a FWD drive yet? Would like to start hearing mpg and other aspects of them since everything posted has been awd's so far.
It's funny you ask, because my dealer got in one FWD (I think it is an RTS) when they got their initial delivery around 6/20 and that is the only one from that original batch that they have left....seems, at least for the early buyers, the AWD is what they are looking for, at least here in Flagstaff, Arizona (doesn't surprise me, though, since we get a lot of snow here in the winter.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think a lot of it is due to towing capacity and the Black Edition. I am going to get a FWD Sport just because I live in the south and we don´t get that snow stuff you speak of, and the most I tow will be my 3 wheeler or my motorcycle. The BE is a very nice truck and if I am not mistaking it only comes in AWD, but I am not 100 percent positive on that. As I am typing this I recall in the sport I test drove it had a button by the shifter that said snow, I will have to check into that. Anyway, the test drive I did was very impressive for a FWD truck. It handled well, braking was average, and the acceleration was plenty. If I hear back from my dealer with acceptance on my offer soon, I will have more information.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I think a lot of it is due to towing capacity and the Black Edition. I am going to get a FWD Sport just because I live in the south and we don´t get that snow stuff you speak of, and the most I tow will be my 3 wheeler or my motorcycle. The BE is a very nice truck and if I am not mistaking it only comes in AWD, but I am not 100 percent positive on that. As I am typing this I recall in the sport I test drove it had a button by the shifter that said snow, I will have to check into that. Anyway, the test drive I did was very impressive for a FWD truck. It handled well, braking was average, and the acceleration was plenty. If I hear back from my dealer with acceptance on my offer soon, I will have more information.
2WD does have a 'snow' setting, according to the manual.

BE and RTL-E are AWD only, all other models come in either 2WD or AWD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wanted a 2wd but thanks to Honda for forcing AWD on us if we want a sunroof, premium audio, 8" touchscreen/navi, and bed audio.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I wanted a 2wd but thanks to Honda for forcing AWD on us if we want a sunroof, premium audio, 8" touchscreen/navi, and bed audio.
The upside would be that your resale value will be better, by percentage. The 2WD CRV's lose more in value than their AWD counterparts. This is usually the same with the other makes, too. I know it is not necessarily a reason to go up to the AWD; however, at least there is a bright side to it.

Of course, if you are someone to buy a vehicle and drive it into the ground or until the wheels fall off, this is irrelevant.....but the new AWD system would, IMHO, be an added 'safety' feature, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts