Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ridgeline That I love. Chose it over a Tacoma and love it. I recently Started having issues with the back up camera. It started with the screen not changing when put in reverse. Now the screen changes (most of the time) but is blank. I did the 3 finger check up and the diagnostic came back clean.

Any Ideas on a next step?

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I am not familiar with the '3 finger' troubleshooting, but have you attempted to unplug and plug the camera back in?
Have you traced the wires to see if they have, in any way, frayed or have been making contact with the frame and shorting?

Unfortunately I have an aftermarket backup camera and I have not had any problems since I installed it back in 2011.

Registered
What aftermarket camera did you buy? I have a 2012 RTL that I wish had one, but I鈥檓 uncertain what to buy, especially given that I want it to work well, but I don鈥檛 want to have to work too hard installing it. Thanks.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I used to have a Pyle PLCM24IRa in 2011 and then switched to an Esky license place mounted one in 2012. They have a 12v in and an RCA composite out. It is hooked up to a touchscreen monitor on the dash.

Premium Member
I have an aftermarket (Alpine) backup cam, too, I installed in 2013 with my first hands-free head unit, which I later replaced (2015) with an Alpine CarPlay HU. Have never once experienced a problem with the camera. Still using it. But I with the new, large screen Alpine options, I am very likely to make another change.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the Ridgeline used and it had factory Navi with what looks like factory camera next to gate handle. The 3 Finger diagnostic is the menu cancel and map buttons together to get into the factory settings. There is a diagnostic there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Update...

Now the diagnostic comes back fail on reverse camera. The navi doesn't even switch to a blank screen for the camera. This really sucks!

Registered
I have a 2011 Ridgeline That I love. Chose it over a Tacoma and love it. I recently Started having issues with the back up camera. It started with the screen not changing when put in reverse. Now the screen changes (most of the time) but is blank. I did the 3 finger check up and the diagnostic came back clean.

Any Ideas on a next step?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts