Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2011 Ridgeline RTL
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the main issue with the G1 Ridge line. Driver window is getting slow to go up. Temps don't seem to impact it...motor, rails, other stuff in there?

I've done enough windows over the years to know there are many things that can go wrong and many are differnt.

· Premium Member
1,201 Posts
I have recently experienced a similar issue. Mine will go up very slow and sometimes stop and start to go back down as if it sensed something in the window opening. I'm guessing that it's something in the track assembly vs the motor/actuator. I was going to pull the door card off this past weekend to take a look. However, we got smacked with a bunch of snow so my spare time was spent clearing snow.

Week before last I was having an issue with my HVAC blower motor. Everyone said to replace it. I removed it, tore it down and gave the motor and housing a good cleaning. Runs good as new now. Hoping maybe that's all that my window assembly may need as well. I will be going in this weekend to clean up any dirt and debris and lube everything up. I'm hoping that someone else might chime in before the weekend with a more definite course of action with this issue. If not, I will report back with my findings.

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,156 Posts
Honda's special grease (Shinetsu????spelling) is supposed to work wonders on slow windows. Years ago the Miata forum members highly recommended it and the Ridgeline community has too.
I have a tube of that lubricant and to my shame, still have not used it after 4 years. I need to apply some to the rubber molding around the doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts