Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick FYI, the AVS Bugflector 2 (24757) designed for the 2016 Pilot fits the 2017 Ridgeline as well. Got home today from a trip and installed it. Took me about 20 minutes taking my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the way your AVS Bugflector 2 (24757) looks.

Does it require and double sided tape?

Does if flap around?

Can it be easily removed? for cleaning behind or can you get behind it?

Sorry for so many questions

BobVal

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the way your AVS Bugflector 2 (24757) looks.

Does it require and double sided tape?

Does if flap around?

Can it be easily removed? for cleaning behind or can you get behind it?

Sorry for so many questions

BobVal
There was no double sided tape.

It does not flap around.

I suppose you could remove, but I reach down as far under with a microfiber cloth when cleaning. It works well.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Just installed my AVS hood deflector and door visors today. After seeing how the hood deflector is made, I suspect I will be opening up the hood soon and drilling some drain holes so water won't just sit in the plastic after a rain.

Also of note on the visor install... all 4 visors came with either a R or L after the part number, indicating which side of the truck to install on. Started with left rear door. It didn't fit well. Checked part number, and yep, it had an L. Took it over to the passenger side and it fit perfectly. So I thought perhaps they mold them from the perspective of standing in front of the truck. Left would be passenger side. No biggie. Grabbed the front door visors, and their R & L were reversed from the rear ones! As in the driver visor was marked L, and the passenger visor marked R. Just trying to confuse me, I reckon.

Removed all AVS badges from the smoke colored plastic. On the doors, I test fit them, and left them in place for an hour or so in the sun while I tinkered with other stuff to allow them to fit better. Then removed one at a time and installed as per the instructions. Very easy install!! And I like the way they look, too.

Reactions: lslick23

·
Registered
441 Posts
Removed all AVS badges from the smoke colored plastic. On the doors, I test fit them, and left them in place for an hour or so in the sun while I tinkered with other stuff to allow them to fit better. Then removed one at a time and installed as per the instructions. Very easy install!! And I like the way they look, too.
What did you do to remove the AVS badge and did it scratch?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
On the hood deflector, just my thumbnail to peel off the stick-on badge. (Underneath the sticker, AVS and number are etched into the plastic, but only noticeable if you're looking for it).

On the front door sills, a Q-tip with acetone gently wiped off the painted letters. Buffed with a clean cloth and can't tell a thing.

What did you do to remove the AVS badge and did it scratch?

Reactions: lslick23
1 - 8 of 8 Posts