Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Installed my new backflip last night and was a breeze, nice product.

My home driveway is sloped forward so the truck sits angled nose down. Looking at the backflip design it seals against the bed just below the back window. My concern is water pooling up against the window and finding its way into the cab during a heavy rain. Anyone have an experience with this or comments.

BTW bought mine from our sponsor, no issues, discount credited to my card without issue, great overall service.

Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've been thru some REALLY heavy rains, and parked in my driveway. I've noticed a small amount of water in the bed after these incidents but nothing significant. You can adjust the BF by pushing it forward and see if that helps. The small amount is not really a problem for me, considering the alternative. Keep us posted on how things go.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm OK with water ending up in the bed, I have pushed it all the way forward and have a great sela under the back window. My concern is water building up against the back window becasue it is so well sealed. I guess time will tell and I can always back the truck in so it slopes the other way.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would think the water would find its way to the sides, and to the drain rails and then to the drain tubes before there was enough accumulated water against the window to cause a leak in the window. Though my driveway is a slight incline so I can say I have any experience with the exact circumstance you're asking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts